[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This album stinks I want this meme to die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Judaspainkiller.jpg (58 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
Judaspainkiller.jpg
58 KB, 500x492
>This album stinks

I want this meme to die
>>
When has anyone ever said that? Either Painkilller or British Steel is their most acclaimed album.
>>
>>64248428
no one hates this album.
>>
every time it doesn't get posted it's implied that it's bad by the poster who posts something other than painkiller that it's bad
>>
>>64248519
>>64248519
For years now I've seen people complain about it and how it was an awful album

These people are just elitists trying to have a contrarian opinion to people who say its good, but theyre still idiots
>>
It's breddy good. I haven't really listened to Priest since middle school, but I remember enjoying it.
>>
Painkiller was my first metal album. Not my favourite, but definitely has a high spot in my heart.
>>
>>64248428
i guess you love st anger as well?
>>
File: bait.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>64250672
>>
It's actually their worst album ever, but even for a bad album, it's still actually enjoyable. No it's not British Steel, Sin After Sins, Screaming for Vengeance, or any of the "Classics" that made Judas Priest so great in the first place, but I still enjoy listening to it. Parental Guidance is a toe tapper.
>>
>>64250672
>>64250788
>People who take metal-archives seriously
>>
Quite possibly the best metal album of all time. Not sure why Tipton isn't praised more in guitar circles, his lead work on this album is insane.

Not claiming JP is underrated or anything retarded, I just never hear Tipton talked about. He's great.
>>
If nothing else, this album highlights how much Rob's voice had deteriorated by 1990. Compare the clear, bell-line tones he had in the 70s versus the strangled cat vocals on the Painkiller title track.
>>
Metal Meltdown was a kickass song. People are just contrarians.
>>
>>64248428
It is my dream to top it somehow. I'm not sure if I can manage it.
>>
>>64251533
Also Scott Travis's drumming is insane.
>>
The lyrics on Painkiller are bad and cheesy af considering this is the band that once wrote Beyond The Realms Of Death.
>>
>>64251609
>I'm sly and I'm shameless
>nocturnal and nameless
>except for the ripper
>or if you like jack the knife

Painkiller's lyrics suffice for the overall sound of the album.
>>
>>64251609
>complaining that metal is cheesy
>>
File: 1448852845633.gif (2 MB, 310x176) Image search: [Google]
1448852845633.gif
2 MB, 310x176
Hey guys, I just started listening to Vaporwave and I was wondering if any of y'all have any suggestion for artist to listen to
>>
>>64251645
>>64251609
Aren't both of you guys engaging in massive cherry picking here?
>>
>>64251694
Possibly. I barely ever pay attention to lyrics so if they jump out it means something.

>>64251609
Seriously though are you saying
>flying high on rapture
>stronger free and brave
>nevermore in capture
>they've been brought back from the grave
>with mankind resurrected
>forever to survive
>he climbs from armageddon
>to the SKIIIIIEEEEEEEES
isn't a fantastic verse?
>>
Nonetheless, Priest did have some pretty good lyrics on their 70s albums (Victim of Changes, Last Rose of Summer, Beyond the Realms of Death, etc) but by Painkiller their songs were pain-fully stupid.
>>
It's not bad but it does come off as a slightly desperate attempt to save their washed up 40 year old behinds from being left in the dust by Megadeth and Slayer.
>>
>>64251584
Les Binks back in the 70s was good, but not as good as ST and he also sucked live.
>>
Heaviest Priest album sound-wise, thinnest Priest album lyrically.
>>
>>64250788
>It's actually their worst album ever
Clearly you never heard the Ripper Owens albums.
>>
>>64250788
>Parental Guidance is a toe tapper.
It's also from a different album.

>>64253799
Jugulator has some fucking good songs.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.