[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Return of The Rentals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
What is /mu/'s opinion of this record?
>>
I DON'T THINK
>>
>>64247608
If only all songs weren't in the same fucking tempo and he didn't overuse that fucking moog synth.
Still pretty good though.
>>
>>64247608

One good song, the "I'm waiting" song

everything else is pretty bad. The harmonies... it's like some rich college kids with no fuckin ear or talent just tried really hard and learned music from a book. there are thousands of bands/artists who are just good, the rentals is not one of them.

this dude belongs in weezer playing 4 note bass lines and riding rivers (who has natural talent) coattails, but his inflated jew ego got the best of him and now he's working at burger king and living in a garbage can
>>
>>64247608
I like that "friends with pete" song
>>
lots of filler in the middle, but overall enough great songs to make it an essential listen for fans of early weezer

see: the love im searchin for, waiting, friends of p, summer girl, sweetness and tenderness
>>
File: daniel_britt.jpg (27 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
daniel_britt.jpg
27 KB, 360x240
>>64248726
I approve of this.
>>
This acquaintances of my friend P seems to enjoy it.
>>
File: sensible_chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible_chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>64248903
Hey man, if your friends with P, you're friends with me.
>>
hey remember when they got all meta and self-referential by sneaking in a recording of someone saying "who in the hell is p anyways?" into that one song on their second album

that's literally the only thing i remember about their second album
>>
>>64249154
Haha, this thread inspired me to give that one a listen and the only thing to stand out to me so far was that line
>>
>>64249154
oh shit. Band was edgy as fuck.
>>
ozma ripped off weezer way better
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.