[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is objectively a masterpiece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: just.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
This is objectively a masterpiece
>>
A master piece of shit
>>
>>64243646
fuck you turdsurfer
>>
>>64243581
Hypnotize is better tbqhfamalam
>>
File: System_of_A_Down.jpg (24 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
System_of_A_Down.jpg
24 KB, 600x480
>>64243581
Wrong album bruh. This is the only 10/10 in SOAD's discography, no memeing.

Mostly because their fucking guitarist didn't write the lyrics.
>>
>>64243581
All of SOAD's discography is superb, but their best was Toxicity, desu
>>
>>64243581
and subjectively mediocre
>>
MY COCK IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOURS
>>
>>64245285
MY COCK CAN WALK RIGHT THROUGH THE DOOR
>>
SOAD was my absolute favorite band throughout high school and for some time after.

I couldn't appreciate them as much after coming to the conclusion that a lot of their lyrics are just bullshit, especially on Mezmerize/Hypnotize.

Does anybody know what Forest means yet?
>>
Steal This Album is their best. Serj agrees with me.

Toxicity is overrated tbqh
>>
>>64245326
WITH THE FEELING SO PURE

IT'S GOT YOU SCREAMING BACK FOR
>>
File: pleased.jpg (110 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pleased.jpg
110 KB, 500x500
>>64244620
LYING NAKED
ON THE FLOOOOR AND
LET THE MESSIAH
GO THROUGH OUR SOUL
~*BOWWW-BOWWWEEEWOWWW*~
>>
>>64245385
Fuck Serj he's a retard. Toxicity has like two shit tracks, X and Jet Pilot.

Maybe it's just me but I feel that 36, Pictures, Bubbles, Roulette and Highway song are all pretty weak. And the best stuff on Steal isn't as good as the best stuff on their other albums.

Like Mr. Jack is great, but not that great
>>
>>64245368
I would say the correlations between God, Jesus and nature.
Or just nonsense that has some sort of emotion behind it.
>>
>>64243581
It was cool, but you gotta know that this is one half of the two part album dude. (The other being Hypnotize)

I usually get shit for digging their music, and if you look at their history and progression of genre and lyrics as a whole you learn something much greater. Assume that Hypnotize is the first part, and Mezmerize is the second part (soldier side is the last song on Hypnotize and the first song on Mezmerize). The last song is about "never trusting hollywood" and I think we could all agree that the band they started off as is not the same on their last album. I really do think they are aware of their distortion as a group by "hollywood" or "social norms" and shit they must abide by being famous.

Also, could someone correct me on which part came out first? I cannot for the life of me find out when each individual album came out. And even if Hypnotize came out second, should we "trust hollywood"?
>>
>>64245542

Egobrain is a stoater though
>>
>>64245542
Come on that guitar on X is pretty kick ass though aimmie right?
>>
BANANA BANANA BANANA TERRACOTTA
BANANA TERRACOTTA TERRACOTTA PIE
>>
>>64245403
MOOOOAAARRRRRR
>>
EVERYBODY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY LIVING NOW
EVERYBODY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY FUCKS
>>
>>64245643
Mezmerize was released first, Hypnotize six months later
>>
>>64245425
The entire thing is solid gold. I even did a painting about Spiders.
>>
>>64245542
>X
>shit track

>36
>Pictures
>Bubbles
>Roulette
>Highway Song
>weak

>Mr. Jack
>great, but not that great

How can there be so many wrong opinions in one post
>>
File: asssofat.gif (2 MB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
asssofat.gif
2 MB, 367x500
>>64245075
>>
>>64245368
>a lot of their lyrics are just bullshit,
That's because fucking Daron writes the lyrics now because he can write hooks but he can't write for shit. Why do you think the lyrics on S/T actually kinda made sense?
>>
>>64244620
WHY DID YOU TAKE HIM AWAY FROM US YOU MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>64245791
X and Jet Pilot are easily the worst of Toxicity, hands down

Steal was just weak overall in comparison, lyrically and sound-wise.

I feel that tracks like Fuck the System and Innervision were meant to be heavy and raw and violent but then I listen to Deer Dance or Prison Song and they get blown away by those
>>
>>64245823
GONORRHEA GORGONZOLA DON'T EAT THE FISH

CRACK PIPES NEEDLES PCP AND FAST CA-HARS

EAT ALL THE GRASS THAT YOU WANT
(accidents happen)

Srsly, so many shitlyrics
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.