[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
djent a genre? 2016 edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: doesitdjent.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
doesitdjent.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
>>
>>64242940
never heard of it. post examples
>>
>>64244405
it seems to be a meme term for shitty prog metal
>>
>>64242940
djent sucks
>>
I downloaded some djent off the sharethread spammer, because calling something shit without trying it is something faggots do

boy is it shit
>>
>>64242940
I must like about 5 djent bands top and even I think it's garbage.
>>
>>64244428
ok nvm i don't want to hear it
>>
>>64245156
Did you try Meshuggah?
>>
>>64245250
Meshuggah is Technical death metal.
>>
>>64245290
They started as technical thrash metal band and are generally considered prog metal
>>
>>64245290
Only except that there's nothing death metal about them.
>>
>>64245335
>Without surrendering the frenzy of death-metal, "I" (2004) extended its outreach.
>>
>>64245367
And where is that from? Your grandmother?
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/meshuggah

Look at the genre tags. The only reason why they have the "melodic death metal" tag is because of an old split here https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/hypocrisy_meshuggah/roswell_47___future_breed_machine/
that they did with a melodeath band.
>>
>>64245431
it's a quote from your favourite Scaruffi
RYM opinions are garbage without fail
>>
>>64245529
>RYM opinions are garbage
lel you're stupid
>>
File: 1461116189813.png (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1461116189813.png
36 KB, 657x527
>>64245554
dam i got btfo
>>
>>64245529
>your favorite scaruffi
Who? The fucking talentless hack who makes facts up on the spot?

RYM opinions are literally a pure democracy. Thousands of people vote on the genre tags to influence them. By saying that you're saying that an entire community's opinions are garbage, and that's how I know you're baiting
>>
>>64245601
>democracy works
Get a load of this guy
>>
>>64245659
>>
>>64245601
firstly, the only thing you ever seem to listen to that isn't a Scaruffi 8/10 is Magma

secondly that is not bait you ignorant shit. The pop sales charts are a pure democracy that takes more people into account, does that make it a better reviewer?

idk how this board got so fucking stupid that it thinks the most popular albums are the best
>>
>>64245679
>https://rateyourmusic.com/~vtimdon
?
I have praised plenty of artists Scaruffi does not seem to like. You're making a judgment on my taste based off maybe 3 or 4 artists I like?

But sales have nothing got to do with the quality of the music. Stop using a completely unrelated strawman argument.
>>
>>64245757
>strawman strawman strawman
jesus christ go back to r*ddit

it's not sales specifically but you are claiming popularity is important because you think averaging a large number of people gives an opinion that is not garbage

this is utter bullshit, if you average a wider group on their best album of 2015 you can guarantee they're going to say Adele. RYM has some decent reviewers on it but by averaging with a large number the opinion becomes worse and worse

Similarly if you take a vote on genres you get an incorrect answer that should be ignored
>>
>>64245883
So pointing out that you attempted to win the argument by using an unrelated point is now reddit?

Yeah this is bait.
>>
>>64245911
I just explained the relation you piece of shit, and it was pretty obvious before

mentioning logical fallacies ever is pure undiluted /r/atheism and mentioning them when they're irrelevant is even worse
>>
>>64245942
What the fuck are you saying you're full of shit
>>
>>64246031
just let me know if there were any long words or something you find difficult
>>
So... Its totally a genre. No one thinks prog metal when they hear rip off meshuggah riffs. Its a genre the same way nu metal was a genre of korn knock offs.
>>
>>64242940
possibly my favourite djent
>https://anupsastry.bandcamp.com/album/ghost
>>
>>64245335
>>64245431
>>64245601
>>64245668
>>64245757
>>64245911
i have never seen you once contribute positively to a discussion. you are easily my least favorite trip on /mu/, and that's saying a lot. please stop posting
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.