[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of the Grateful Dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Grateful Dead members vintage.png (747 KB, 1069x561) Image search: [Google]
Grateful Dead members vintage.png
747 KB, 1069x561
I know they're shit on for being the epitome of dadrock, but intrinsically, just the music, what's so bad about them? Personally I love them. Their studio records are great but their live work is on a whole 'nother level. The sheer amount of live talent and charisma they radiated onstage was astounding. Jerry's death in '95 was a devastating blow to the music community and was when the hippie movement finally died. Their recordings express vast amounts of warmth and energy. They really can't be outdone.
>>
I love Garcia's guitar work. He's got a great tone but other than that the music just doesn't do it for me.
>>
my dad loves em
>>
>>64227505
I dig GD all day. I never really associated it with dadrock, desu. Probably because my dad didn't really like GD.
>>
I also appreciate Garcia's guitar work, but the songs themselves ramble a little bit and don't really do it for me. I hate the memes associated with them centered around drug culture; there are high schoolers wearing dead head shirts and trying to act cool while frying on mushrooms because "that's what Jerry woulda done duuuude".
>>
Decent studio band, great live band, talented instrumentalists, solid songwriters, god awful fanbase.

Also fuck the jam band meme they started.
>>
I find their studio albums strangely boring and dated. I do like Live Dead though I want to like them more as they seem like such a cool band with a dedicated following.

I'm a big Phish fan though, they're like the modern Grateful Dead
>>
love um
>>
Live albums are considered god tier.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.