[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ let's discuss Doom Metal. I'm a pleb trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 6418.jpg (49 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
6418.jpg
49 KB, 700x700
Hey /mu/ let's discuss Doom Metal.

I'm a pleb trying to get into the genre. Give me recommendations! Here's the albums I've been listening to and some opinions about them:

Black Sabbath - Master of Reality 10/10, probably best metal album I've ever listened to.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid 9/10, second half is as good as Master of Reality.

Saint Vitus - s/t 8/10, really enjoy the sound.

Saint Vitus - Born Too Late 8/10, while their s/t is more pleasant to my ears I appreciate this one more due to the self aware lyrics and slower pace.

Pilgrimage 7/10, really dig the chant-like singing and the acoustic tracks. It's just a bit short and leaves me wanting more. More like this!

Death Magic Doom 7/10, groovy as fuck.
>>
>>64227033
candlemass - epicus doomicus metallicus

great stuff
>>
>Electric Wizard Dopethrone
>Ramesses possessed by the rise of magic
>Sleep Holy Mountain
>Om God is Good
>Bongripper Satan Worshipping Doom
>Ahab call of the wretched sea

And them blurring the lines between doom/sludge

>Graves at sea/sourvein split
>Thou
>noothgrush
>>
File: Beastwars - Blood Becones Fire.jpg (306 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Beastwars - Blood Becones Fire.jpg
306 KB, 900x900
i would say this is close to doom/stoner. some of the best ive heard, new album tomorrow. highly suggest to check them out and possibly find a live show in the upcoming tour.

ive seen them live a few times, and im never disappointing.
>>
Old genuine bluesy heavy metal/doom/rock such as sabbath, saint vitus, candlemass, are hard to come by. comb over last fm but this site has newer releases which arent as good but still alright recent releases

https://doomcharts.com/
>>
>>64227360
Thanks for the suggestion, thoughts after first listen:
5/10. Not a fan of the singing but has some great riffs. Realms was a great track. Looks like spotify has the new album already. I'll probably check it as well.

>>64227064
Love the singing. Great album from a great band.

>>64227221
I'll be checking these later, feel like I'm going to love Dopethrone and Sleep but I've been saving them for later.
>>
Check out Warning - Watching from a distance
>>
Witchfinder General and Pagan Altar are two great Doom bands from that same period.

If you're looking for more of a modern sound with a traditional approach check out Reverrend Bizarre and Pallbearer.
>>
you skipped the best sabbath album. you got a lot to learn before you're not pleb.
>>
>>64227033
Check these out

Pentagram
>Last Rites
>Relentless
>Curious Volume

Khemmis
>Absolution

Enshine
>Singularity

Premonition 13
>13
Candlemass
>Candlemass
>>
http://youtu.be/tjaV-3PLXh8

Deathdoom ist krieg
>>
>>64227033
get back to your containment thread you filthy metalfag
>>
Trouble Psalm 9 is pretty ok
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.