[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could anyone think Buckley's version is better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: .jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
How could anyone think Buckley's version is better than Cohen? The song is about a 50 year old man remembering his past relationships with melancholy. A 26 year old could never feel the pain Cohen felt. Anyone under 40 should not be allowed to cover this song. they do not get it. Also taking away the harmonies and having only Buckley sing hallelujah ruins the fucking song.
>>
also using Cales verses is hilarious and shows how Buckley completely missed the point
>>
>>64225971

i dont like any of them.

glory to jahovah? fuck off.
>>
Why the fuck did they put the song in Shrek
>>
>>64225971
Cohen's version blows compared to Buckley's and you know it
>>
I don't like Jeff and love Cohen. But his cover was pretty good. He has the voice for it. Besides, Cohen kind of sucked in the 80's when he made it.
>>
the arrangement of the original is just a little overbloated. i probably still prefer it to the cover though.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.