[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the most fun Concert you have been to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13
File: Pinkish Gotushkal.jpg (64 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Pinkish Gotushkal.jpg
64 KB, 960x720
Dutdutan 2016. It's actually a tattoo expo but with tons of bands playing the whole day. People are cool as fuck and everyone really seems to enjoy the event.
>>
>>64222128
Eagles of Death Metal last year in Paris. that shit was crazy
>>
The Raveonettes in 2003... Indianapolis.

They were playing shit from their first EP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlD5kgEQUvA&list=PLE0951943C408B7D6

I've been to hundreds of shows, that band was the best thing ever. I was mesmerized. The whole audience was standing still, and I remember being embarrassed for my city bc nobody danced, afraid this cool Euro band thought we didn't like it.

Also played on the bill was Longwave (strokes coattail riders) and the Mooney Suzuki

It was actually some kind of MTV tour IIRC

I'm old btw
>>
File: dex.jpg (88 KB, 720x920) Image search: [Google]
dex.jpg
88 KB, 720x920
>>64222334

kek.
>>
Probably between the buried and me with Devin Townsend or foxy shazam
>>
File: wag sir.jpg (33 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
wag sir.jpg
33 KB, 540x720
>>64222377

What's the crowd like?
>>
>>64222128
slipknot at rock am ring 2015, rammstein at wacken 2013 or NMH in zagreb 2014
>>
File: tits.jpg (39 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
39 KB, 480x854
>>64222436

watching Slipknot would be very cool though. I can only imagine what's the vibe was.

Green Day - Japan 2010, billie joe armstrong REALLY knows how to put on a show man.
>>
>>64222334
kek
>>
>>64222356
hell yeah. I would have loved to seen that if I were old enough.

Raveonettes have passed by Chicago dozens of times. Unfortunately, they have all been 21+ shows.

No that's really cool senpai.
>>
Zeds Dead at counterpoint 2015
>>
>>64222859

I know the feeling. they played at an all ages venue in the hood that usually punk bands would play.

I missed early White Stripes and countless other bands because they played 21 plus venues when i was a teenager
>>
File: right in the cack.jpg (34 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
right in the cack.jpg
34 KB, 450x600
The Used - Just recently. That was one of the best night of my life. I was with my girlfriend and we immediately went home afterwards to make love..
>>
File: perfume.jpg (584 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
perfume.jpg
584 KB, 1280x1024
Perfume desu
>>
>>64222366
sauce
>>
i can honestly say i don't think i've ever been to a concert i felt 100% comfortable in. i love performing though, not really into being an audience member. now i'm at a point in which i'd rather be able to sit and view from a decent distance. i've done sound in a small venues as well, that's pretty comfy as well, being in the sound booth by myself watching bands perform.

but as far as just great shows i saw: ymo twice in 2011, devo in 2009, metronomy in 2012/2014.
>>
File: losethread.jpg (183 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
losethread.jpg
183 KB, 960x960
>>64223620
just search akira yuki on facebook

>>64223942

no concert that made you fucking crazy because the performance was so awesome?
>>
I seen slayer in 2002 and the crowd was fucking insane, you could just see bodies flying up several feet every few minutes. I've been to that venue probably 30+ times since and it has never gotten close to that level.

>>64223584
Going to the NY shows this year, looking forward to it, the Blu Ray's of their lives are amazing.
>>
Jello Biafra or Converge
>>
File: confident.jpg (25 KB, 342x480) Image search: [Google]
confident.jpg
25 KB, 342x480
What does a shoegaze concert sounds/feels like? Is it really fucking loud that you need earplugs to keep your ears from bleeding? Are there qt 3.14 chicks among the crowd?
>>
>>64224246
usually on the women, and it takes a really good sound crew and bands who know how to eq to get good live sound for shoegaze. But if you drink enough beer, it will sound incredible. As far as noise level, it depends on the above as well. The best sounding shows I've been to weren't deafening. If a shoegaze band is up that loud, they're fucking up, because those 3 guitars they have will be bouncing around the room so much everything will get lost.
>>
>>64224139

Way back in the day I went to a Melvins concert and there were murmurs in the audience about Jello Biafra being there. He got up and did an encore w them of DK songs, including a version of California Uber Alles with Arnold lyrics (this was like 2004) I was so fucking happy I've never had such a pleasant surprise like that since

Picture Jello pantomiming lifting weights and shit, it was such a great time
>>
Danzig/superjoint ritual October 2015. Actually met Danzig before the show
>>
File: DSC09169.jpg (399 KB, 1600x1062) Image search: [Google]
DSC09169.jpg
399 KB, 1600x1062
>>64222128
Jesus Christ, fillipinos are literally much more subhuman than indonesians and even vietnam fucking shits. Are they the niggest asian race?
>>
I'm too socially awkward to have fun at a concert. Too many people around.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460770033304.jpg (87 KB, 1092x403) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460770033304.jpg
87 KB, 1092x403
>>64222128
Full Terror Assault I, because I liked the music and I like camping. That's why I'm going again.
>>
>>64225448
we're probably the blacks of asia
>>
what is the context of this photo?
>>
I have never had more fun in my life than at Lightning Bolt. Perfect level of moshing. Crowd was dense but not really big or claustrophobic. just a lot of people having a really, really, really fun time.

I got to crowd surf which I hadn't done before, then they did an encore and I yelled out "do fuckin' Dead Cowboy" and they were like "fuck, okay"
>>
This thread makes me sad not because I've never been to a concert, but because most of the stories are from older shows.
This means most of us here never go to shows.
>>
Most fun? Probably Mac Demarco in 2013
I think he's pretty annoying now, but I can't deny that show was really fun
>>
>"fun concert"
>"been to"

what did OP mean by this?
>>
>>64226319
he's a normie piece of shit and a pleb (going to live shows is absolutely disgusting unless it's lowercase or danger music)
>>
Blanks 77- Bond Street NYC 1992 or 93.

Was a bunch of Punk/Oi bands at a infamous pay to play spot. We basically took the place over to the point that the bouncers didn't fuck with anyone even if we stomped the monitors to bits while stagediving.
>>
>>64226371
Ever try just leaving your room?
>>
>>64226422
>having a room
fuck off billionaire
>>
What Cheer? Brigade 10th anniversary
Lightning Bolt two days in a row in Boston and PVD
Melt-Banana the next day
a fuckton of various Black Pus shows
Downtown Boys at the last show ever at Spark City (small warehouse space they started)

I got a lot more
>>
>>64223569
nombre pls
>>
>>64226184
next time you see them or Black Pus (just Chippendale, making the same amount of, if not more, noise), try to be up front. There's nothing like planting yourself up front and having the weight of hundreds of bodies slamming against you while you thrash around and knowing that any second your legs could give and you'd go crashing into his drums; happened to me twice during a Black Pus set the other night, guess my legs were weak that day. It's crazy intense.
>>
Went to see Beirut a little while back. They were super good live and the crowd was fun to be in.

Going to see Weezer in the summer with some friends hopefully that's a good show
>>
Thee Oh Sees last year at the Crescent Ballroom in Phx, az. John Dwyer is a god
>>
>>64222491
i'm glad other people on here can appreciate that.

the Emirates Stadium show in 2013 was the most fun i've ever had at a show, the way they manage to make such huge crowds feel involved in the show is incredible

other than that, Modern Baseball are an incredibly fun band to see live, as are The Gaslight Anthem and Titus Andronicus
>>
File: 1377355493029.jpg (99 KB, 337x416) Image search: [Google]
1377355493029.jpg
99 KB, 337x416
The Sugarhill Gang and Kurtis Blow
>>
>>64227616
Beirut played at my uni a few months ago. I went because Julia Holter was opening for them, but I don't actually listen to Beirut.
>>
>>64222128
what the hell is going on in this picture?
>>
Death Grips

It was their first show after the "break up" and everyone was so fucking hyped. I went with a friend but lost him in the crowd and ended up near the front. It felt like literally every person there was a huge fan, knew all the lyrics, etc. So much fun.
>>
The horrors Isle of Wight festival 2014 everyone went to go watch kings of leon on the main stage but the horrors played fucking great

Sleaford mods Isle of Wight 2014 - picture this a small tent of about 30 people if that, with half of the people not even knowing who they were, divide and exit came out a few weeks prior and there were a few "mods" in the crowd. My mates didn't want to come but I managed to get my dad and a few of his mates who were campervanning the festival to meet me there. After the gig everyone stood there gobsmacked out how good they were, saw Tim burgess play a solo acoustic set in front of about 40 people there an hour later

Eagulls was one of my favourite gigs too
>>
>>64229817
Was this in NYC?
>>
Recently (and I acknowledge the band's not great) I saw Hinds.

I've never seen an audience so dedicated to tearing shit up. I mean they were basically ignoring the band, except everyone was cheering and yelling the lyrics while non-stop moshing, crowd-surfing, stage-diving, but I genuinely mean non-stop. It wasn't the band pumping up the audience, it was the audience pumping up the band. They started playing faster and faster, and doing slightly extended jams to their songs to fuel the incredibly chaotic crowd.

The band was even pretty charming when they paused for a second.

Which is amazing, considering my city is known for having really boring audiences (except for electronic shows)
>>
>>64229975
Seattle
>>
I love live music but I get very anxious in crowds, so unless I'm having a 100% good time and I'm completely engrossed in the music or dancing I start to lose it.

My favorite show I've ever been to was when my gf brought me to see Andrew Jackson Jihad for my 18th birthday over 4 years ago now. It was the Knife Man tour and they played the most perfect setlist I could ever want from any band I like. Joyce Manor opened and it was my first time ever hearing them too. That was pretty kickass.

Most fun, though? First time I saw World/Inferno Friendship Society for Hallowmas when I was 16 totally blew my mind. People were all in costume and forming human pyramids and waltzing and throwing each other in the air. I've seen them a bunch of times since and it just doesn't rouse me like that first time.
>>
In terms of performance - Zappa Plays Zappa in 2013.Shit's hilarious, yo

In terms of the actual crowd and feel of it; I'd sayyyyy Mastodon in 2014 - the performance wasn't great but the crowd were brilliant
>>
File: 1461008769283.jpg (39 KB, 585x398) Image search: [Google]
1461008769283.jpg
39 KB, 585x398
>>64222334
>>
>>64225208
That sounds really cool. He's been doing an Obama version recently
>>
File: crabs.jpg (268 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
crabs.jpg
268 KB, 1280x960
Courtney Love in 2013 maybe? didn't know what to expect..maybe her showing up 2 hours late, telling us to fuck off then leaving.

She wasn't late and sounded decent. She would usually banter with the audience between songs, it was fun. The crowd really made it tho they were super into it
>>
Lacrimosa 2010 (north Argentina), it was on a theater, they set the stage on fire and some people freaked out shit was thight
>>
>>64222128
I have never been to a concert because I live in bumfuckville and I'd have to drive 2 hours to the nearest cities if a band were to play there.

JUST
>>
>>64222128
Skinless at hellfest last year
we were drunk, smashed an umbrella and did a micro mosh pit around
>>
>>64222128
Oh hey, I didn't know Stix was in town
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.