[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this album by Oneohtrix Point Seven?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: homepage_large.8f4faae3.jpg (52 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.8f4faae3.jpg
52 KB, 319x319
What does /mu/ think of this album by Oneohtrix Point Seven? I'm very confused.
>>
>>64197096
It's his magnum opus
>>
>>64197113
How?
>>
It's p. good. Listen to Returnal, Replica and Comissions 1 first to see his progression. It's got some post-vaporave and minimalism influence
>>
File: file.png (424 KB, 689x500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
424 KB, 689x500
>>64197096
>Oneohtrix Point Seven
>>
File: 1444446715508.png (67 KB, 449x1197) Image search: [Google]
1444446715508.png
67 KB, 449x1197
>Oneohtrix Point Seven
>>
>>64197168

>post-vaporwave

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>64197113
>>
When the fuck do you listen to this kind of music? I can't appreciate it because it seems as if I'm never in the mood
>>
>>64197136
It coalesces a lot of techniques and ideas he tried on previous albums and makes use of some fairly abstract music ideas. Zebra is a great use of the chopping technique he had used previously on Replica, but placed into more of a hyper-pop infused atmosphere. Not to mention the production quality is probably the best of anything he's released. Orchestration (if you can call it that) and arrangement is pretty damn innovative and very different from anything else he's done. It was just the logical progression for Oneohtrix Point Never, but no one really could have predicted it if that makes sense. It's one of my favorite albums of all time though so I'm probably just biased.
>>
not nearly as good as Fanboy and Chum Chum
>>
>Oneohtrix Point Seven
holy shit
>>
It's his best album, one of the best electronic albums of this decade as well
>>
>>64197228
I don't understand people that have to be "in the mood" for certain music. I can listen to anything at any given time and find something to appreciate about it. Even if it isn't my cup of tea.
>>
i honestly prefer Fanboy and Chum Chum
>>
>>64197278
I feel the same way for everything else except for this album
>>
you know what i just think Fanboy and Chum Chum is better
>>
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 3543x3543) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 3543x3543
The real question is what does everyone think of pic related?
>>
Anyone seen the music video for Boring Angel? The feels...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmlJveN9IkI
>>
>>64197096
>Oneohtrix Point Seven
>I'm very confused.

obvious fucking pleb detected
>>
>>64197781
Starts great, middle is okay, ending is amazing.
>>
once in a lifetime album desu. it's pretty indescribable
>>
>>64197096
I just made a thread about OPN. When I first listened to his music I thought it was all bullshit but I just relistened to some of his albums and everything makes sense now. I can't even describe what I like about them. I dont think there's other music I've listened to that makes me feel like this. All I can say is that it feels very tangible, if it makes any sense.
>>
>>64198062
Yeah man, same with me. I listened to his main 3 albums and found them insignificant, but then i tried listening to R+7 again, and holy shit they all clicked for me after that.
>>
File: 13_Jones.jpg (33 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
13_Jones.jpg
33 KB, 620x413
>Oneohtrix Point Seven
>tfw
>>
to be fair, daniel named OPN after a church radio show on 106.7am i'm pwetty sure but my daddy isn't home and im a bad slut so i need a man to tell me to touch my pussy please let me cum daddies (:
>>
>>64197809
bro that vid gets to me
>>
>>64198152
Cum.
>>
>>64197222
If anything could be called truly "post-vaporwave", then its that album dude.

He pretty much started the entire genre with Chuck Pearson, then he pushed it to its limits with Replica, and then he finished it with R-Plus-Seven.
>>
>>64197781
his true masterpiece
takes the ideas he explored on R+7 and applies it to all the sounds he's worked with in his career to make an introspective and personal artistic statement
>>
>>64198123

go to bed joel
>>
>>64197781
love it
>>
>>64198440
I think Post-Vaporwave is the most meme genre name I've ever heard.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.