[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you do deal with elitism /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1459692179063.png (107 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
1459692179063.png
107 KB, 411x411
How do you do deal with elitism /mu/?
>>
if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
>>
Filter jazz, daily, and classical thread

BOOM

Elitist-free /mu/
>>
>>64188558
In real life.
>>
>>64188591
Don't go outside
>>
>>64188533
Become more elite, so no one can be elitist to me

Also >>64188558
has shit tastes if he doesn't like classical or jazz
>>
File: mike love.jpg (244 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
mike love.jpg
244 KB, 720x405
Exclusively listen to 1978-1996 Beach Boys and remember never to fuck with the formula.
>>
>>64188533
go back to /v/ you nerd
legend of zelda sucks
>>
>>64188533
Realize that the only way to be a musical elitist is to be a reductionist and overlook that there will always be some classics and cornerstones that don't "click" for everyone and attempting to enjoy something solely because of it's reputation and artistic merit is idiocy.

Stick true to exploring and consuming music for personal pleasure and avoid the constant temptation to engage in the game of "what does liking this music say about me" that is ingrained in music fan culture as some twisted highschool mindset holdover.
>>
>>64188726
>stick true to exploring and consuming music for personal pleasure
this tbqh
>>
>>64188558
>filtering /daily/
not really
also you forgot metal
>>
>>64188656
is this bait or are you really this new
>>
Everyone's taste in music could always be broadened and improved. Just use /mu/ for recommendations and catching up on pop culture. Don't ever post your last.fm or your library. Someone will always shit on it.
>>
>>64188558
this.
>>
I don't, because elitist /mu/ is best /mu/.

>>64189410
Using /mu/ for recommendations is usually a bad idea, especially if you want to broaden your taste.

>>64189373
is this bait or are you really this new
>>
>>64188533
How does he manage to balance over the edge of that block?
>video game logic
>>
>>64188533
I don't because I am elitist.

Now get out of my board, plebscum.
>>
Remember that the elitists are right.
>>
>>64189350
rude
>>
I really don't mind elitism anymore. I used to bully the fuck out of people on the Internet, telling them their taste is shit and stuff like that. I remember droning antiwarhol and being buddies with him. Then one day I just didn't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>64188558
You need to filter a lot more than that my friend
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.