[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain why this is good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: spongebob theme song guy.jpge.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
spongebob theme song guy.jpge.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
explain why this is good
>>
if you don't dig the great opening stretch from Singapore to Tango Till They're Sore there's something wrong with you

also there are many other great tracks on this album

I can maybe buy Swordfishtrombones being a better album overall, but if you don't like Rain Dogs god have mercy on your soul
>>
If you listen to this album, have heard other albums by other artists, are familiar with the albums Tom put out before/after this album. It should be fairly obvious why it is good.
>>
>>64173168
>>64173112
i think it's good but not a 10/10
>>
idk, I didn't really like it at first but I think it was because I was expecting more of a soft, sad, singer-songwriter kind of album, not pirate music. After adjusting my expectations a bit, I love it.
>>
>>64173273
one of the better things of this Waits period is that he broke free of that sad, drunk singer-songwriter character
>>
>>64173273
pretty much this, i feel like it'll grow on me though and i like pirate music
>>
>>64173331
I liked the sad drunk singer writer Tom.
>>
>>64173223
You do realize rating the quality of music is retarded, and to try and dose one numerical scale is meaningless. That said, it's a pretty great album that stands on its own. It also signaled a sea change in an artists career, so it's also relevant or important in that regard.
>>
>>64173393
well, he made several albums and they kept getting worse
>>
>>64173393
Luckily those albums still exist
>>
Cool songs.
>>
>>64173446
That's pretty much the opposite of what happened.
Foreign Affairs is the only misstep but Blue Valentine and Small Changes are easily better than Closing Time and The Heart of Saturday Night
>>
>>64173112
you do realize you've stated literally zero actual reasons in your post, right?

do you not know how to articulate your thoughts properly, or are you just too musically illiterate to be able to post music-related content?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.