[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calvin Harris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: Thisfucker.jpg (153 KB, 308x388) Image search: [Google]
Thisfucker.jpg
153 KB, 308x388
Okay, mu, I give up.

How did this motherfucker do it?

I've never heard a single song by him. I've never heard any acclaim for his albums. This guy for me came literally out of fucking nowhere. How did he go from virtually nobody to somehow being the highest paid, most popular DJ in the world?

If you tell me "Taylor Swift" as an answer I will not be pleased.
>>
>>64168788
Satin
>>
>>64168817

It's a very comfortable fabric. Your point being?
>>
you've never heard Feel So Close? I am a recluse and that heard that song
>>
>>64168844
Did you not see the Calvin Klein ads? Maybe think a little before you post.
>>
>>64168861

What the hell is this Feel So Close that you speak of?
>>
>>64168788
whi
>>
>he hasn't heard Neon Rocks
>>
really faggot you didn't hear feel so close or Summer? kys if this is true
>>
>>64168884

I know about the Calvin Klein ads. But are you seriously telling me those were the things that launched him into mega celebrity?
>>
LITERALLY FUCKING WHOOOOOOO YAHOOOOOOOOOO YAHO YAHO YAHOOOOO HOGFHO
>>
IT WAS ACCEPTABLE IN THE 80S
IT WAS ACCEPTABLE AT THE TIME
>>
>>64168909

I'm listening to Feel So Close now.

....That's it?

This launched his stardom?

Jesus Christ this is generic shit.
>>
who
>>
>>64168788
He was fairly big in the UK years ago with singles that were a lot more tolerable and not half bad
Acceptable In The 80s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOV5WXISM24
The Girls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwZVZ5qZnoA
Ready For The Weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO4msvIA7cw
I'm Not Alone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeTE5cnkhGc

He also featured on the single Dance Wiv Me with Dizzie Rascal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2MiyZx8MTY

That's basically what kick-started his career
>>
>>64168788

He was big in the EDM world for a while. Feel So Close was his "mainstream" hit single.
>>
his earlier work is dank
>>
>>64169135
>e was fairly big in the UK years ago with singles that were a lot more tolerable and not half bad
>with singles that were a lot more tolerable and not half bad
>tolerable and not half bad
No.
>>
>>64169574
He was like the crowbar that opened EDM to normals.
>>
>>64168943
It sounds generic now because of how influential it has been over the last 5 years

Truly a groundbreaking song in electro house
>>
he's big in the UK
>>
>>64169760
OP here, I live in glasgow. Not big here
>>
>>64169602
Guess I'm not the only one who thinks it's not too bad, a lot of his earlier works reminds me of Secondary school
>>64169644
I have good memories which I connote his early works with
>>
>>64168788
E U R O P A
U
R
O
P
A
>>
>>64169135
Yeah the first two Calvin Harris albums are actually mostly pretty good imo. After those he started making really generic top 40 music but yeah he's been famous outside the US for a pretty long time.
>>
File: 1548322772.jpg (5 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
1548322772.jpg
5 KB, 250x229
Vegasfag here, his music is played literally everywhere here and his face is plastered on a few billboards.
>>
>>64169737
It really wasn't. It was generic when it came out.
>>
>>64169811
It reminds me of the shit student bar in my college and the crap they'd play when I went there.
Chav crap.
'Acceptable In The 80s' was well produced, but it was just a fella singing over a Siouxsie and the Banshees track with a Bowie sample.
I mean, his most tolerable piece is very derivative.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25ke3_siouxsie-and-the-banshees-happy-hou_music
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf58RAPR8Ws

i want the old harris
>>
>>64169777
aye he is, he's fae dumfries

he was at T like 4 years in a row
>>
>>64170010
Fucking shite
>>
>>64170067
let me nostalgiafag in peace pls. Dont be so rude
>>
>>64170094
I'LL GLASS YA!!!
>>
i remember that there was a commercial for windows 8 or something a few years back that had his song "forcefield" in it and, if im remembering correctly, the song was also on the radio a bunch
>>
>tfw I chose getting laid and watching this guy at Coachella over not getting laid and watching DG
>>
Becoming famous is a very complicated process with a lot of marketing and you have to be enough of a dumbass but still very much so a clever dumbass so your music will appeal to dumbasses who think they are clever now add in some wubs or some edm shit like woo waa bam oont and maybe some brrrrip or maybe just record your fart and digitally distort it into some epic wubs anything the point i am trying to make here is that i think mainstream music is much more of a technical process than you guys realize and these people have been working towards the top of the anthill no wait the mountain excuses for who knows how long maybe instantaneously maybe it took years this guy seems like he would just slap his face on a ghost produced hit and get famous like they all do i think skrillex might be a ghost producer they once asked him hey what do you think of ghost producing and he grabbed the cam and said let people do what they want to do he is a fairly cool guy too cool for this smug looking scrub anyway yeah what i am really trying to say here is fuck this guy 0/10 what a bitch looking bitch i would not eat his chicken nuggets or listen to his music he will be condemned to being a burger king playlist artist in the end i hope
>>
File: 1373286607800.jpg (21 KB, 298x399) Image search: [Google]
1373286607800.jpg
21 KB, 298x399
>>64170548

>this guy 0/10 what a bitch looking bitch i would not eat his chicken nuggets

lol fukken annihilated the cunt
>>
>>64170548
I hope this is copypasta but if not I'm cringing.
>trying this hard to create an image for yourself
Nothing unexpected for a tripfag.
>>
>>64170793
what is your problem amigo i am merely discussing music you should be the same i am saging this reply because it does not add to any discussion whatsoever you should be ashamed go talk about the current state of the music industry or perhaps head over to /gg/ and learn to play the guitar bass guitar or another cool stringed guitar release that number one spotify album and go on a world tour man you are so not cool yahoo desu
>>
>>64170885
>still trying
It wasn't quirky or funny the second time either. You're probably underageb&.
>>
>>64171012
i find that assumption to be genuinely upsetting i have a mental disability you see i am autistic and have pdd that means persistent development disorder i literally cannot comprehend the world like you do i am turning 23 in about a month and i basically dont feel like a human being i am depressed all the time and have not wanted to live for a while anymore i am dead serious right now i hope you feel bad for that assumption because yes i do not act my age because i am literally unable to sage this shit
>>
>>64171149
Good. You should kill yourself.
>>
>>64169914
Vegasfag here too. Can confirm, however I have a guilty pleasure of liking Calvin Harris
>>
>>64170548
>>64170885
>>64171149
is this crazyaga? this ia just as autistic as crazyaga. i think he was calling you underage because you have zero self-awareness
>>
>>64168788
>How popular music works in our capitalist system???
"""Virtually"""" any band can do that.
>>
>>64171412
>tfw our city is ground zero for EDM cunts
>>
>>64168788
His music is shit but he's pretty cute
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.