[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How patrician are your friends? If you have any.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: tycho-awake.jpg (51 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
tycho-awake.jpg
51 KB, 750x750
How patrician are your friends? If you have any.
>>
>>64157199
>If you have any.

That about covers it
>>
>>64157199
Most of my friends like horrible music.
I have one friend who likes Brand New a lot though.
>>
My best friend's favorite bands are Coldplay and some K-POP ones, so I suppose not patrician at all.
>>
>>64157227
Why are you saying that like it differs from your first statement? Brand New is shit
>>
One of my friends listens exclusively to metal bands. The rest of my friends listen to whatever is in the Top 40 charts.
>>
I have a friend who introduced me to mu, he's extremely strict with what he likes, but for the most part he likes screamo and experimental shit. And I have another friend who likes the beatles and some mu stuff
>>
One of my friends is a big fan of Ed Sheeran and Chainsmokers.
>>
>>64157199
out of my two best friends one listens to /mu/core, ska, punk, and classical and the other seemingly listens to anything he finds catchy along with some odd soundcloud 80s pop revival shit, not too familiar with his taste honestly
I know his girlfriend listens solely to pandora stations of late 90s/early 2000s edgecore like linkin park, one hit wonder stuff like eiffel 65, and defends nickleback at the slightest provocation
other than that it seems like most of the people I talk to listen to 'classic rock' + stuff like frank sinatra
>>
My friends like what I do, but there is a problematic trend in my social circle where they listen to these fucking Sabbath ripoff bands like The Sword, idk "Stoner Rock" dumb shit and asdlfkja;sdlkfj;alksdjf it's so fucking gay to be doing that in 2016, i mean come on

To be fair, we are stoners
>>
>>64157199
all of my friends are plebs
>>
All of my bestfriends listen to hip hop mostly, stuff like Kendrick, Logic, G easy, Travis Scott. There is this other guy who, even tho he enjoys some Chief Keef/Thugga/Future, calls it shitty comercial music made by "them" for the mases. 2 Pac/Nas stan. And another one who likes Waka Flocka, MGK, Young Thug, Rick Ross who listens only their most famous songs, like 2 per rapper.
My gf listens to a lot of Chopin and Debussy, likes some of the stuff i show her (Bowie and shoegaze)
>>
>>64157700
Your gf sounds based as fuck
>>
I had one friend who was a big fan of AWOLnation and Rage against the Machine. He was also into Kendrick Lamar, Jay Z, and 21 pilots. But now he doesn't talk to me so I have zero friends
>>
>>64157775
>now he doesn't talk to me so I have zero friends
why
>>
>>64157722
Yeah, she plays the piano. She also got me into more classical while i got her into shoegaze. Slowdive and MBV that is.
>>
This girl I'm somewhat involved with and in a band with is pretty into Swans, Radiohead, Dylan, Bowie, among many other bands/artists. She also enjoys krautrock, jazz, and listens to older electronic artists/groups often. Saw Melt-Banana/Melvins/Napalm Death with her a little while back. Was a good time.

A good chunk of my close friends listen to Interpol, New Order, Animal Collective, St. Vincent, The Smiths, of Montreal, and other stuff from other genres also, while I'm mostly listening to MBV, Dinosaur Jr., Sonic Youth, Slint, The Stooges, Esperanza Spalding, Monks, Young Marble Giants, The Pop Group, and etc. as of lately. We all seem to get along just fine. Just hung out with them this weekend and saw Shabazz Palaces for free, along with a great local instrumental atmospheric sludge/drone metal band and some nice local garage rock groups. Fun weekend.

Most of the peers that I'm acquainted with are pretty heavily into typical indie bands/artists and psych-rock though, plus there's the wave of people I know in the punk scene who mostly bump post-punk, crust punk, old-school hardcore/post-hardcore, powerviolence, and noise artists, so even my peer groups don't provide bad suggestions often.

I'm not really friends with anyone with particularly un-patrician taste it seems
>>
My friends love blasting popular music at the time whenever they see a speaker they can use. I usually don't mind it but when the song sounds annoying, I just leave.
>>
>>64157795
I don't know. We were planning to do a musical project together and he just stopped replying to my texts one day.
>>
They like shitty wank guitar music like Guthrie Govan and Steve Vai and all that crap
>>
>>64157700
>>64157817
Where do you find these girls? I've never known one with taste deeper than pop music or "alt" pop punk stuff
>>
I used to have a bunch of friends who listened to Frenchcore and Frenchcore only (sub-genre of EDM hardcore. Yeah, it sucks). They'd always blast it out of their bluetooth speakers which kinda got on my nerves.

Right now I've got one real good friend with some pretty good taste. We don't talk about music a lot, but he likes Stevie Wonder, the stuff he's heard from Daft Punk and is interested in jazz music (he plays trombone).

Besides him, most of my friends just listen to pop/edm/edm-pop. There's one guy who's really into hip hop and I sometimes talk music with him. There's also one guy who's into nightcore and pirate metal. I prefer not to talk music with him.
>>
I have some friends that listen to just as much music as I do, they are really into shoegaze, indie rock, and doom metal right now.
My main dude is more pleb, but he likes Oneohtrix Point Never, Death Grips, and synthwave a lot.
>>
>>64157902
Dunno, its by chance.
You can find a lot of pseudo indie girls easily if you want to smash. They reek of tumblr + some can be quite attractive.
>>
>>64157920
>listened to Frenchcore and Frenchcore only
holy kek, they sound like they'd be fun to be friends with desu
>>
>>64157199
I've two friends who are absolute patricians, a plenty others who have good taste but limited to certain genres, a large group who only listen to acid techno and dnb from the 90s and a handful of muh indie folk girls.

basically I'll never be put off by my friends' music but they're probably never going to introduce me to anything new either
>>
>>64157199
-Dad rock and cock rock
-Radiohead, blur, oasis, deftones, korn
- Ambient, techno, dnb, Idm, other bleep stuff
- top 40, nigga rap
-top 40,shitty pop house and vanilla stuff like the lumineers

Eh some of them like few ok songs here and there but nothing too interesting

>>64157470
Jesus. This is common

>>64157700
Vomits
>>64157817
Lucky bastard
>>
>>64157519
Just show them Acid King, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Kyuss...
>>
1. goa, psytranche, ...
2. hardcore, whatever ...
3. german pop-rock and hiphop

kill me pls
>>
My friends listen to dadrock.
>>
Since we're Filthypinos, many of my friends like Original Pinoy Music, which are generic or copies of other generic Western bands.
>>
>>64157199
>If you have any.

and we're done here
>>
>>64157817
How does this even happen?
Everyone I know listens to top 40 or trendy alternative shit like memedemarco. That's why I talk about music on this fucking board
>>
One of my "acquaintances" talked to me about his superior taste in music, where he listens to "every genre" and brags about liking EDM, among pop, rock, and other things.
>>
>>64157902

Like the other guy said, it's really by chance. My ex-girlfriend (despite not being the nicest of people now), had great taste imo and she was basically the one to turn me onto artists I didn't know about when I was younger like Elliott Smith, Cat Power, Lydia Lunch, different No Wave/Shoegaze bands, and etc. I'd probably know a lot less music without her.

I met the other girl I'm talking to/in a band with now because she was friends with her growing up and I started talking to her after my ex and I had broken up.

I think once you meet one person who's got great taste, it's easier to be exposed to other people with great taste if they happen to have other friends that you're willing to go out of the way to talk to despite the possible failure that may occur from the social interaction. I initially started talking to this girl because I figured we had interestingly similar tastes and it turns out we did and that's how the relationship blossomed. Just gotta put yourself out there sometimes and hope for the best and expect the worst.

>>64158045

hehe
>>
one of my friends is into /mu/core, progrock and krautrock. we discuss music quite a lot. it's nice to give recs irl, and then get to actually talk about the in a civilized manner.
>>64157227
>montie
>talks about taste
hahhahahahaha
>>
>>64158321

see >>64158395
>>
Best friend introduced me to /mu/. He's into midwest emo, slowcore, orchid tapes shit...
My girlfriend is really into electronic, experimental and drone.
I've got some other friends who also have good taste in non-classical but a lot of the people I work with love classical, but good classical.
>>
>>64157227
> montie having taste
why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
File: heroin-addiction[1].jpg (113 KB, 710x398) Image search: [Google]
heroin-addiction[1].jpg
113 KB, 710x398
>>64158669
lucky fuck. your friend is cruel for introducing you to /mu/ though
>>
my friends listen to soundcloud underground hiphop producers- he is a dancer.
>>
>>64159217
It meant that I now have a far broader appreciation of music whereas before it was mostly classical. But yeah, this place is a shithole. I try and help keep it relatively clean.
>>
File: 1460660814493.png (169 KB, 279x282) Image search: [Google]
1460660814493.png
169 KB, 279x282
>tfw your friend has good taste and comes on /mu/ but his taste is completely different from yours and you can't really discuss much
fugg
>>
Im positive one of my friends come on /mu/ but he told me he was listening to shit like silver apples and can lately. He slap linked me to some obscure 60s garage rock the other day
>>
>>64159438
I meant to say he doesn't come on mu,ive never told any of my friends I come here
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.