[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Steely Dan good? I can't tell if they're just cheesy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Steely.jpg (166 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Steely.jpg
166 KB, 630x420
Are Steely Dan good? I can't tell if they're just cheesy soft-rock/smooth jazz or actually really good.
>>
>>64144762
why can't you figure that out for yourself without having to validate your opinions with anonymous 14-year-olds on a korean sculpting board?
>>
Yes they're really good. Their music is also great for testing a new sound system because of the great production.
>>
Maybe they're both
>>
They have some good songs and some bad songs
>>
Listen to Reeling in the Years or Do It Again and tell me you aren't enjoying that shit and I'll tell you you're just self-conscious about liking one of your dad's favorite songs because it puts a stain on your flawless indie cred.
>>
Steely Dan is GOAT. End of discussion.
>>
File: top 25 worst artists ever.png (70 KB, 1296x169) Image search: [Google]
top 25 worst artists ever.png
70 KB, 1296x169
I want RYM to leave
>>
>>64144762
a little of column a, a little of column b

>>64145002
what's the message you're trying to convey with this post?
>>
Pretzel logic. Enjoy!
>>
>>64144762
Yes and both

Happy?
>>
>>64144762
>I can't tell if they're just cheesy soft-rock/smooth jazz or actually really good.
It is soft/smooth jazz rock, there's nothing wrong with that necessarily. And I wouldn't describe them as cheesy.

Nearly any genre - electroswing or steampunk excepted - can be good.
>>
>>64144762
They're really good. Pic related is god tier
>>
File: See_The_Glory_Of_the_Royal_Scam.jpg (368 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
See_The_Glory_Of_the_Royal_Scam.jpg
368 KB, 1200x1200
>>64144762
Their REAL magnum opus
>>
>>64144762
nope.
>>
>>64145002
Seems like a /mu/ user to me
>>
They seem like music that the really weird nerds of yesteryear would have listened to. Not as extreme as Zappa (who is more try-hard and fans justify as being "technically complicated") but more just naturally weird. Also remind me of Pavement.
>>
Listen to deacon blues man
>>
>>64146367
it's easy to forget how much of a greasy weird band they can be considering their clean cut audience of 50 year old dads. i heard "hey nineteen" playing at the fucking bank yesterday
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.