[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the deal with this album /mu/? Is it actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
So what's the deal with this album /mu/? Is it actually some kind of critically acclaimed masterpiece?
Or is is just a meme?
>>
>>64139684
It's [spoiler]both[/spoiler]
>>
fast and bulbous!
>>
how about you do some research before making stupid threads
>>
>>64139684
>Is it actually some kind of critically acclaimed masterpiece? Or is is just a meme?
Yes
>>
>Since its release, Trout Mask Replica has been acknowledged not only as Captain Beefheart's masterpiece, but as one of the greatest albums of all time. BBC disc jockey John Peel said of the album: "If there has been anything in the history of popular music which could be described as a work of art in a way that people who are involved in other areas of art would understand, then Trout Mask Replica is probably that work." Critic Steve Huey of Allmusic writes that the album's influence "was felt more in spirit than in direct copycatting, as a catalyst rather than a literal musical starting point. However, its inspiring reimagining of what was possible in a rock context laid the groundwork for countless experiments in rock surrealism to follow, especially during the punk/new wave era." Cartoonist and writer Matt Groening tells of listening to Trout Mask Replica: "About the sixth or seventh time, it clicked in, and I thought it was the greatest album I'd ever heard". Filmmaker David Lynch has called Trout Mask Replica his favorite album of all time, and John Lydon has also listed the album as one of his favourites. In 2003, the album was ranked 58th by Rolling Stone in their list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time: "Tracks such as 'Ella Guru' and 'My Human Gets Me Blues' are the direct predecessors of modern musical primitives such as Tom Waits and PJ Harvey". In his 1995 book The Alternative Music Almanac, Alan Crossplaced the album in the #2 spot on his list of "10 Classic Alternative Albums". In 1995, Mojo put the album 28th on their "The 100 Greatest Albums Ever Made" list and 51st on their list of "The 100 Records That Changed the World". On April 6, 2011, the album was added to the United States National Recording Registry for the year 2010 by the Library of Congress.

Yeah it's just a meme
>>
>>64139972
that's right, the mascara snake. Fast and bulbous.
>>
>>64140005
you're asking for the impossible anon
>>
If I like this album does it make me someday hipster?
Kinda reminds me of the minutemen
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.