[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if drizzy drops a brick we can safely say that 2016 has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (478 KB, 1440x1455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
478 KB, 1440x1455
So if drizzy drops a brick we can safely say that 2016 has been a disaster and is beyond redemption
>>
>>64139540
I hope this is not the case, my Views hype is unbelievable right now and I might cry
>>
>>64139821
r u me?
>>
>>64140517
maybe
>>
One Dance and Pop Style had me a tad worried, but then I remembered Drake's at his peak. A brick's just not in the question.

Have faith in Drizzly Bear.
>>
>>64141188
I love One Dance :(
>>
File: virginiatechshooting[2].jpg (71 KB, 379x281) Image search: [Google]
virginiatechshooting[2].jpg
71 KB, 379x281
>>64139540
Drake's like a blind construction worker--he does nothing but drop bricks
>>
>>64141365
No
>>
>liking drake
>>
Only if you continue to subscribe to this outdated model in which all music relies on the activity of a few superstars, rather than the reality which is that eveything is way too fragmented into microniches for it to matter what drake, ye and taytay are up to.

you guys can cry about drake all you want but meanwhile /metal/ and /hiphopheads/ will have 50-60 AOTY contenders to argue over
>>
>>64139821
I'm literally shaking
>>
>>64141686
more "microniches" might exist but that doesn't change the fact they matter less

and won't be preserved or remembered
>>
>>64141686
Microniches are destroying modern music and turning it into a repetitive sea of shit branching into many diarrhea rivers with occasional opals and a smattering of finer gems floating atop.
>>
>>64141857
>they matter less
In what sense?
>won't be preserved or remembered
Do you think all the databanks are going to be wiped out or something?

>>64142000
Music is the best it's ever been
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/nov/17/steve-albinis-keynote-address-at-face-the-music-in-full
>>
I'm worried. I have this feeling that's going to be shit because I know there will be those songs for girls and Drake is just terrible at those. Just write catchy hooks and good flow over mediocre lyrics, that's how I like my Drake.
>>
>>64142023
>>64142000
>Music to suit my specific tastes, as fucked up as they might be, was now accessible by a few clicks or maybe posting a query on a message board. In response I had more access to music than I had ever imagined. Curated by other enthusiasts, keen to turn me on to the good stuff; people, like me, who want other people to hear the best music ever.
>This audience-driven music distribution has other benefits. Long-forgotten music has been given a second life. And bands whose music that was ahead of its time has been allowed to reach a niche audience that the old mass distribution failed to find for them, as one enthusiast turns on the next and this forgotten music finally gets it due.
>Since people no longer have to make do listening to whatever is on the radio playlist and are no longer limited to owning what the store decides to stock, they have become much more indulgent in their tastes.
>There are active online communities for every kind of music and its subcultures. Whether you’re into Dusty’s Deep Cut reggae, minimal electronics, symphonic pop, Texas blues, Japanese noise, power electronics, children’s music, christmas music, Raymond Scott, or Burl Ives, I guarantee there is an online community where you can connect with other enthusiasts to indulge the minute specificity of your tastes.
>As a result fans are more ardent for this music. They are willing to spend more on seeing it played live. They are willing to buy more ephemera and eager to establish a personal relationship to the people who make the music. Gig prices have escalated as a result. And the merchandise tables at gigs are universally teeming with activity.
etc etc etc
>>
>>64142023
The fact that the music scene is larger and more fragmented means it's more durable from an artistic and financial standpoint, but that doesn't mean shit when it comes to quality and trends and listener expectations. That being said music, isn't BAD now but it has a brand new potent variety of tedious slogging that is less a few isolated ponds and more a mighty sea of boiling fecal matter rooting from the habit of making a million nichetastic, repetitive "genres" which in the past would be considered a bunch of guys ripping off each other in the same umbrella genre. Just look at all the shit under the "indie" tag for fuck's sake.

That being said I don't expect it to look this way 10 or 20 years from now. Technology is changing the game of finding music so much that everybody is bound to become a much more eclectic and demanding listener and nobody, not artist or listeners, will want to do this horseshit forever.
>>
>>64142290
>Technology is changing the game of finding music so much that everybody is bound to become a much more eclectic and demanding listener and nobody, not artist or listeners, will want to do this horseshit forever.
Dude, this happened 15 years ago, and I have no idea what happened in your life that made it so difficult for you to find good music but I'm sorry.
>>
>>64142388
It started 15 years ago, sure. I also never said I couldn't find good music or that I thought music was in an overall bad state today. Just making an observation that things are indeed much different and that brings both positive and negative traits along with it.
>>
>>64142489
tie this into drake to solidify your point
>>
>>64142528
Drake has an infectious smile that's music to my heart a niche I can highly approve of
>>
I just don't know what quality and trends and listener expectations you mean exactly, but here's how I see the pros and cons

99% of people (ish) are just going to be spoonfed whatever the Pandora algorithm decides to play. It doesn't really matter though because these people used to just get spoonfed by ClearChannel.

But if you do have the interest, you have unparalleled resources and access both as an artist and as a listener.

What exactly is the problem? It's not that hard to selectively ignore the Nth same sounding indie band is it?
>>
What do all these rappers have against Jayson Greene?
>>
>>64139540
I don't listen to music that pitchfork tells me to like, thus it won't change 2016 in music for me.

Feel embarrassed if this will make/break your 2016.
>>
>>64139540
>>64139821
>>64140517
>>64140900
>>64141767
t. ktt poster
>>
>>64142654
All true
>>
we can also say you're a fucking faggot
delet this
>>
I'M PRAYING FO A BRICK
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.