[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll keep fucking saying this, it's impossible to enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: brianwilsonyounger.jpg (9 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
brianwilsonyounger.jpg
9 KB, 191x264
I'll keep fucking saying this, it's impossible to enjoy listening to music if you're truly depressed. While you're depressed emotions are non-existent, therefore there is no catharsis. Most music, including depression-core, is a form of sublimation which leads to comfort and pleasure (think of relishing sadness). This capability is lost while you're depressed. There are no good or bad emotions to bask in. When you make another thread begging for suicidal music recs because your ex tagged you on fb, think again faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 458x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 458x458
>>
>>64134662

You're right. Why would care tho?
>>
don't tell me how i feel moron
>>
>>64134662
You're right if you are talking about severe depression. It's possible to have mild depression (dysthymia) where you just go through the motions and search for some type of catharsis. Most people on /mu/ just post saying they are depressed because some bad things happened to them recently. Depression is long term, and by no means do you want to have it.
>>
>>64134970
When I'm not going through periods of severe depression, I'm always dysthymic. My ability to feel pleasure is consistently impaired. Kinda makes life not worth living, but apathy trumps even the desire to opt out of reality. I have been doing pretty well on an MAOI though.
>>
>>64134970
This

There isn't any "one size fits all" depression, but if you're dealing with the type of chemical-imbalance depression where you suffer from a total loss of hope, and a lack of an ability to enjoy any aspect of life, then I wouldn't think that music would do much for you.
>>
>>64134662
If you are literally depressed just listen to Disconnect by Rollins Band and you'll feel something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6461VfxdBSw
>>
Black Metal really clicked with me last time I felt depressed.
>>
I had periods where I couldn't enjoy music because of depression and I'd just sit there and do nothing for like 3 hours
>>
>there's only one kind of depression, one degree
>>
>>64135634
The album or genre?
>>
>>64134662
>caring about lowlifes with no-life.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.