[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Radiohead thread. New album soon. Will it be the greatest AOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: radiohead.jpg (69 KB, 1080x867) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
69 KB, 1080x867
Radiohead thread.

New album soon. Will it be the greatest AOTY of all time forever, or another King of Limbs? Discuss your expectations and predictions.

Or discuss the already existing music (no OK Computer vs Kid A please).
>>
>>64127161
>another King of Limbs
fuck off pleb
>>
>soon
more like in june
>>
>>64127208
>Liking King of Limbs

*tips fedora*
>>
File: 1372107039992.jpg (80 KB, 636x1024) Image search: [Google]
1372107039992.jpg
80 KB, 636x1024
I'm excited! I hope more info will come once the first shows start.

Lyrically, I think the album will explore the midpoint of Thom's life issues. He will probably talk about Rachael and will definitely talk about climate things.

Musically, I just hope Jonny will get more control. I wouldn't mind anything that is somewhat similar to the first half of TKOL. I assume Thom will work more with analog synths based off how much he relied on them during the newer songs last tour.
>>
after a disappointing anco release i hope radiohead can save us
>>
>>64127161
>the greatest album of the year of all time forever
Yes
>>
I actually really like king of limbs, more so than in rainbows, it had me hooked from the second listen. Of course I would love it if LP9 returned to the darker tones of the kid-a to HTTT era, but I doubt that will happen, and I'll be satisfied if they continue in the KOL direction.
>>
>>64127161
Nothing wrong with King of Limbs m8. It might not be as grand as people hoped for, but it's still alright.

Anyway, Jonny said they're blending very new sounds with very old sounds. And the rumor is there's lots of analogue synths and orchestral stuff on LP9.
>>
It's either gonna be In Rainbows pt.2 or Kid A pt.2
>>
it will probably be the greatest album of all time
>>
continue the radiohead circlejerk boys
>>
>>64127161
name one classic album made by a band whose average age is over 45
>>
What other major release are slated for 2016?
>>
Radiohead is the purest form of music that is available today. Not only are they incapable of making a bad album, every album they've made has been one of the best of the year. To tell the truth, they're artists. Like Dali, it's weird, abstract, strange, yet so beautiful. They break new ground every single new album, and push everything either to its limit or to a new direction altogether. Long live Radiohead.
>>
I expect it will be a return to the less electronic form
>>
>>64129010
name one other band whose discography is as consistently good and varied as radiohead's
>>
>>64127709
Amnesiac is Kid A pt. 2, friend
It'll be In Rainbows pt. 2: This Time With The King Of Limbs
>>
Every record Thom has put out over the past 9 years has been mediocre (Amok, Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, TKOL), why would this be any different?
>>
>>64127268
>Musically, I just hope Jonny will get more control.
sort of like TKOL's looping software was written by Jonny?
>>
Spectre was a fantastic song but I fear it's indication that LP9 is gonna go for a Coldplay-esque generic dream pop route. Though obviously with more bleeps.
>>
>>64129526
>Coldplay
>dream pop
wat
>>
>>64129426
That would be fine, but I am hoping for more string arrangements.
>>
>>64129547
I think he's referencing the shitshow that was Ghost Stories
>>
>>64129564
that wasn't dream pop, either.
>>
Too many cooks in the kitchen
>>
>>64127161
Well, I think King of Limbs's second part was on par with Radiohead's best records. In particular Separator, one of the best songs they have composed, tbhfam.

As for expectations, I want them to progress more on the line of fairly uplifting nice songs like Supercollider and Separator, and less on the line of ThomYorke.with.a.laptop.wav.
>>
Dunno about the new album. Hopefully it'll be better than fucking OK Computer. Ugh.
>>
I just want something ala 2 + 2 = 5 or A Wolf At the Door pt2
>>
>>64129277

They haven't released a good album in over a decade.
>>
>2016
>Radiohead
>>
>>64129619
Sounds like a work-in-progress Radiohead song title.
>>
i predict a return to guitar rock
>>
its going to be alright
>>
>>64131363
I dont think they'll ever release another political, angsty album such as HTTT
>>
>>64129010

Embryonic, and personally I think The Terror is even better than that.
>>
>>64129526
>Spectre
>Coldplay-esque
>dream pop
>with more bleeps

I just realized you didn't hear the song and that this is bait, good job
>>
>>64131991

I never really got angst from HTTT so much as sheer existential dread.
>>
>>64127268
> talk about Rachael and will definitely talk about climate things.

and the fear for sudden death by hearrt attack

and the guilt he feels about the whole divorce/moving out home and leave the kids behind thing
>>
>>64129010
>what is suede
>what is david bowie
>>
File: image.png (22 KB, 651x429) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22 KB, 651x429
>>64129526
Wew lad
>>
>>64131365
they've only released two albums in the past decade and one was amazing and the other was decent. it's not like they've been releasing loads of terrible shit for the past decade lol.

thom's solo shit has been mediocre because he sucks at making beats and is a third rate IDM artist. radiohead as a collective could very well release something good again. maybe.
>>
>>64129010
Swans did it like 3 times already with an Album incoming

Bowie Just released Blackstar

>>64132030
this

Scott Walker

Even Killer Mike and El-P arent young
>>
>>64127161
>Discuss your expectations and predictions.
It's gonna be much better than The king of Limbs but worse than In Rainbows
>>
Why do people dislike King of Limbs? I liked King of Limbs more than In Rainbows, does this make me a pleb?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.