[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I watched Alvvays's performance on Coachella. They sucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Alvvays_2014.jpg (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Alvvays_2014.jpg
39 KB, 300x300
I watched Alvvays's performance on Coachella. They sucked to say the least. Should I check out the album? They might be better in the studio.
>>
You can always just listen to one track off it and then decide if it interests you.
>>
girl is hot
>>
>>64121795
Well, I just listened to the whole thing and the verdict is that it's a 5/10 album. The drummer is great but the the vocals are utterly mediocre and the production could have been a lot better too.
>>
>this thread

Dude you're a fucking loser
>>
>>64122637
I like Molly's vocals, she doesn't have much of a range but the way she delivers her lines works well and she can write some catchy choruses. I can't help but sing along to Adult Diversion especially. I think the production puts in just the right amount of fuzz too, honestly I think this is an 8/10 and one of my favorites of 2014.
>>
File: Fatalist Pepe.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
Fatalist Pepe.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>64121774
>you will never be Archie
>>
>>64122736
Adult Diversion is a great track but there are other tracks that are so bad that they weigh the album down to a 5/10 such as Dives and The Agency. And don't forget the putrid sound quality of Archie, Marry Me.
>>
>>64122825
Yeah, Dives and whatever the last song is are probably my least favorites, and The Agency is pretty mediocre outside of how much I like the chorus. Archie, Marry Me was apparently the big hit of the album and while I think it's fun to belt out "HEEEYYYYY HEEYYYYYYY, MARRY ME AAARRRRRCHIIIEEEEEEE" I don't get what the hype is about. If you have any recs for recent bands that do that type of fuzzy twee/jangle pop better I would definitely be open to that, I really like the aesthetic Alvvays have but I do feel it could be done a lot better with maybe a vocalist that was more talented.
>>
>>64122973
Well, there's always The Bangles, The Breeders, Allison Weiss, and while not necessarily indie pop, I'll throw in Lisa Loeb because she kind of has that vibe and on top of that she's an amazing songwriter.

But right now I'm using this to cleanse my ears of the wackness I just heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5tOOAabvtA
>>
>>64123139
Alright, thanks for the recs, I'll check them out soon.
>>
I really like Party Police
>>
Thread of absolutely putrid taste.
>>
No. They suck. They also kick bands off their tours and bail on dates for the pettiest issues.
>>
>>64123659
oh do tell
>>
>>64123659
elaborate dude come on dont just post this shit without the story
>>
>>64123659
I'm going to guess it has to dew with foxygen?
>>
>>64123837
no

>>64123814
alec browses /mu/ so I ain't gonna elaborate. but they are shitty people and full of themselves just because they broke out of canada
>>
>>64123920
dude alec isnt on /mu/ right now and who cares. you just look like a jackass saying they're shitheads without a story if anything. but yeah from the interviews ive seen them do the main guy seems like an insufferable douche of a hipster
>>
>>64123961
/mu/ is archived
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.