[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is it that you faggots still listen to faggy teenager tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: cover1400x1400 (2).jpg (162 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover1400x1400 (2).jpg
162 KB, 1400x1400
why is it that you faggots still listen to faggy teenager tier music like OPN and Tim Hecker and Dean Blunt and Grimes and Kanye and Radiohead and Julia Holter and others
>>
the beatles
>>
>>64116246
Brian Eno is the very first artists that people who want to have good taste turn to, not realizing that he's an artist for plebs.
>>
>>64116273
depends on which Beatles desu
>>
What shoud i listen to instead op
>>
The Ship is an upcoming studio album from the English musician Brian Eno, set for release on 29 April 2016 on Warp Records.[1]
>>
File: your average eno fans.jpg (106 KB, 1280x796) Image search: [Google]
your average eno fans.jpg
106 KB, 1280x796
>Eno fans
>>
>>64116299
well do you listen to and study the music of Ferneyhough, Babbitt, Bach, Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, etc.?

do you kid?
>>64116308
see above
>>
>>64116322
which is why I've relistened to his stuff, thanks moron.
The Ship could have been good if he didn't put his voice on it
>>
>>64116415
fuck you too
>>
>>64116480
do you think The Ship is good? it's nice enough but he's lost his chops
>>
I listened to Eno as a teenager a ton already. I'm sorry that i'm not still stuck in the past listening to same old music instead of new things.
>>
>>64116747
>instead of new things.
new vapid, shitty things.
>>
>>64116777
wasted trips
>>
OPN and Hecker are good though. I'm sure Eno would agree.
>>
>>64116831
new hecker sucks

Bijie Dream just literally sounds like his cats walking on the keyboard.
>>
>>64116831
They aren't good. Explain what each brings to the table in modern music.
>>
>>64116246
Radiohead is sad, but listening to it makes me feel better.
>>
>>64116863
*wait a sec wtf I finally hear the melody

I have to admit there's not a wasted note
>>
>>64116246
I object to the post-digital shamanism of Daniel Lopatin being lumped in with all these lame tryhards.
>>
>>64116246
forgot to add death grips. my little sister listens to that garbage.
>>
Brian Eno is really good. I know OP is being an asshole but don't take it out on Eno.
>>
>>64116299
>le entry level meme
>>
Why do people even listen to music?
Fuckin poseurs..
>>
>>64117079
your little sister's taste isn't as try-hard
>>
>>64117079
get her to post here
>>
>>64116339
>well do you listen to and study the music of Ferneyhough, Babbitt, Bach, Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, etc.?
not since i was 14 and first getting into music seriously
>>
What's with all the Eno hate recently?
>>
>>64116339
>well do you listen to and study the music of Ferneyhough, Babbitt, Bach, Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, etc.?
Literally only one good artist here.
>>
>>64117422
Yeah, I'm sure now you listen exclusively to Riyoji Ikeda, Music Concrete, and Ligeti.

You're so deep.
>>
>>64117422
>>64117478
You don't listen to any of them. Let alone study them.
>>
>>64117577
I actually wrote an essay on Babbitt's percussion music in my first year of conservatory.

Then I realized all post-Wagnerian "serious" music is worthless, spiritual poison.
>>
>>64117774
>percussion music
So you're one of those stupid percussionists who see "JOHN CAGE WROTE PERCUSSION STUFF I LOVE HIM AND VARESE" vapidly, without actually caring about the composers themselves?
>>
>>64116517
>>64116415
Eno s been mediocre for decades.

He's on Warp not the big leagues anymore

>>64117011
>>64116863
dumbass nigga LS is amazing
>>
>>64117906
>Eno s been mediocre for decades.
dumbass nigga DBF is amazing
>>
>>64117877
No, I studied composition.

My principal instrument is bass, but I alternated with bayan. I'm well aware of his music (though I would consider him a minor composer), it is just that he simply never wrote good music.
>>
/mu/ is such an easy board to troll because of how easy to believe that someone is genuinely this pretentious about their music taste

/lit/ is similar
>>
Another Green World sounds so fucking dated t b q h

I love The Big Ship so I've tried to give it a lot of chances and it just has not happened
>>
because this almost entirely populated by teenage newfags. It's cancer, and it's allowing the board to slowing deteriorate.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.