[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I really liked M83's "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: junk.jpg (168 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
junk.jpg
168 KB, 1417x1417
Okay, I really liked M83's "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming". Is "Junk" a joke?
There's no way he's serious.
Half the songs are passable, the other half, well, Junk.
>>
they hopped on the "meme music" bandwagon, except they did it wrong
>>
surprisingly good

not junk at all
>>
I really like it. It's doing the 80s sound that everybody's doing, but it's actually embracing a lot of the cheesy composition stuff and in a pretty creative way. That song "Go" is fucking rad
>>
This album is so goddamn polarizing. I don't know who to believe. I've been trying to listen to some of M83's earlier stuff before I listen to it, but I've only gotten to Dead Cities so far.

Anyway, apparently there's a theory that you're supposed to get rid of the songs you consider "Junk" and make an EP out of the remaining songs.
>>
>>64118145
Maybe so, I listened to most of it yesterday and a few of the songs were pretty good but most were hot garbage
>>
it's good

none of the songs are junk, it's not dead cities which people kinda missed

people hated hurry up when it first came out too
>>
>>64115197
it's better than hurry up. just takes a couple listens.
>>
Solid stuff
>>
>>64115197

Daily reminder people

Whoever says this album is above a 5/10 or overall a "good" project is a fucking shill or a troll

I seriously hope you guys don't listen to this shit
>>
>>64118145
It has about 3 good songs for what that's worth.
>>
>>64115197
Wow, that's a fucking awful album cover.
Why would anyone want this in their record collection?
>>
>>64124558
i guess you could say the album cover is... junk
>>
Songs to keep:

>Do It, Try It
>Go!
>Walkway Blues
>Solitude
>The Wizard
>Laser Gun

Maybe trash it:

>For The Kids
>Tension
>Atlantique Sud
>Sunday Night 1987

Junk:

>Bibi the Dog
>Moon Crystal (fuck this track in particular)
>Road Blaster
>Time Wind
>Ludivine
>>
>>64124796
>Moon Crystal (fuck this track in particular)
far and away my favorite

I wish the whole album was like this
>>
>>64115197
It's called junk for a reason
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.