[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are you going to get off your high horse /mu/ and accep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: tameimpala-yourstruly.jpg (45 KB, 539x354) Image search: [Google]
tameimpala-yourstruly.jpg
45 KB, 539x354
When are you going to get off your high horse /mu/ and accept this is the best band/album of all time??

beatles of this generation. better than animal collective, the flaming lips, of montreal, etc better than hip hop like kanye, kendrick flying lotus etc etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqb8s5u75JE
>>
they already peaked with their 2nd album and took a pretty big dip in quality

they're done

listen to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Thee Oh Sees, Dungen, something like that - bands that have a similar sound, can maintain a high level of quality, and are actually good live
>>
>>64112631
>they already peaked with their 2nd album
naw nigga, naw
>>
>>64113115
you didn't think Currents was a pretty big dip in quality from Lonerism?
>>
>>64113221
/thread
>>
>>64112507
>Sundown Syndrome
ma nigga, OP
>dat guitar tone

they're literally the only rock band people outside of /mu/ can name nowadays
>>
>>64113221
>you didn't think Currents was a pretty big dip in quality from Lonerism?
i dont think the quality lowered it just wasnt in the same direction as lonerism or innerspeaker. where those were more psych rock oriented, currents was more contemporary R&B. its not bad just different.
>>64116095
that song in particular sounds a lot like stereolab's dots and loops.
>>
File: cebs eh her.gif (236 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cebs eh her.gif
236 KB, 500x500
>>64116240
spot on, anon
I'm checking Diagonals right now, and the tone somewhat resembles Sundown Syndrome's guitar.
>>
>>64116449
i just meant in general, the song has that lounge-y psych rock sound, kinda like can's future days, i believe its called space age pop
>>
>>64116486
I see what you're saying. I listened to some album by someone named Nouvelle Vague and it had a similar vibe to Future Cans, except it was a lot more loungey.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.