[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no-one to jam with >tfw no-one to discuss music with IRL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1370398117535.png (161 KB, 646x770) Image search: [Google]
1370398117535.png
161 KB, 646x770
>tfw no-one to jam with
>tfw no-one to discuss music with IRL
>>
File: 1447101876604.jpg (19 KB, 451x485) Image search: [Google]
1447101876604.jpg
19 KB, 451x485
>>64078704
i know that feel
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 320x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 320x290
Tell me about it. Anyone wanna jam with me?
>>
File: 1419398064789.jpg (17 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1419398064789.jpg
17 KB, 400x343
>tfw no gf who loves music
>>
File: betty spaghetti.png (323 KB, 1343x659) Image search: [Google]
betty spaghetti.png
323 KB, 1343x659
>I'm tripping balls
>my balls are steady
>like betty spaghetti
>>
>>64078704
Talking about music is overrated desu
>Hey you like this band?
>Yeah they're cool
>Cool
>>
>>64082053
>not getting way too deep and existential about probably meaningless lyrics

sounds like you're listening to music wrong, friend
>>
>>64078704
>tfw online music dj chatrooms also dying
>>
>>64081287
god damn it why did i fall for this
>>
>>64078704
know the feel man, me and my roomate jam daily, but he leaves in a few months.

Gonna have to push myself to keep practicing and working on my playing. I'm terrified im going to stop playing and lose interest.
>>
>>64078704
I know the feel well OP. 30 years old in and out of some cool groups over the years but it's hard to find anybody into anything interesting these days.
>>
>>64082053
pretty much what always happens, plus pretending to really like that track your friend just played for you. talking about music sux, just go to shows together
>>
>tfw the friends I do have got shitty taste in music and can never talk with them about it
>>
>>64082053
Sounds like you're just incapable of discussing music on anything resembling a deep or meaningful level. I've talked with some of my closest friends for hours about music. It's just a constant back and forth; it's hard to stop talking about music, especially stuff both my conversation partner and I enjoy a lot and can talk on and on about together. Share interpretations, share favorite moments, talk about what we hope the new album will be like, talk about how cool it would be to see them live/tell a story about how we saw them live, etc etc.

Seriously dude maybe you're just autistic/can't talk about music for shit.
>>
>>64082809
If you know any music theory or listen to tons of music you can appreciate random scraps people throw at you. And discuss it with them.

Or you can just use it to springboard for other feelings. Like if someone says it reminds them of driving in backwoods of their hometown, bring the conversation there.
>>
>>64082823
This. Every. Single. One.

;-;
>>
>>64078704
>tfw have a friend who i regularly jam with for hours but i promised him i would pay him $20 i owe him the next time i saw him if he bought me some weed at the dispensary
>havent seen him in two weeks because i dont wanna pay even though i have the money
>>
>tfw all my friends have pleb taste
>one of them usually checks my music
>last time I caught him moving some of them to his phone
I think I'm accidentally making my friend patrician... Nice.
>>
>>64078704
I have a brother to jam with but all he ever wants to play is Ty Segall and Nirvana and he never wants to learn any music I want to play so it's pretty much pointless and I get bored after about 20-25 minutes playing.
>>
>have never had friends to talk about music with until 2 year ago
>All 5 of us have common interest in play, listening and discussing music
>also doing acid
>7 months ago one of my them take 4 hits of acid that one of these friends sold him
>dies
>the 3 others move away with each other
> I stop talking to them completely
>end up dating someone who went to the police about one of them selling the drugs
>I now am alone in this small town with no friends to talk about music with or even have a interesting discussion and no chance of meeting someone new

sad music for the feel?
>>
>>64078704
Quit yer bitching and find something that interests both of you
>>
>>64082989
same dude, it's great. One friend in particular and i basically evolved our tastes together for over 5 years constantly sharing music and going to shows with each other. He plays drums and a couple other instruments and im finally getting off my ass so we can make some music together. It's easy as fuck to talk to anyone who is passionate about music even if it's not what you normally listen to, idk what these poseurs are talking about.
>>
>>64084608
did they die from the acid? wtf happened.
>>
>>64084829
yea it ended up being 25i-nBome laced with fentanyl
>>
>be with bandm8s
>supposed to rearrange a song
>newcunt keeps talking about "writing a whole album in 3 hours" "muh 7/8" "yeah we should definitely invest some money in a smoke machine"
>end up doing nothing at all because everytime we star working he has new a "cool" idea

you know sometimes you don't have to talk about music and you should just play it tbf
>>
>>64078704
>>64080757
any of you from toronto?
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x898) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x898
>>64078704
same here op it fucking sucks
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.