[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAILY CHRISTGAU APPRECIATION THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: robert_christgau.jpg (1 MB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
robert_christgau.jpg
1 MB, 620x412
Please take a moment to appreciate the savior of music criticism
>>
Holy fuck he doesn't look good
>>
File: christgau.jpg (48 KB, 590x378) Image search: [Google]
christgau.jpg
48 KB, 590x378
Also, please post rare xgaus for me. I'm trying to build a sizable collection.
>>
PRAISE M.I.A., THE NEW YORK DOLLS AND THE CLASH
>>
File: 1401x788-christgau_0670.jpg (197 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-christgau_0670.jpg
197 KB, 1401x788
>>64075242
Are you kidding? He looks amazing!

Just look at that youthful, radiant glow.

>>64075269
AMEN
>>
Meme critic

Doesn't have discernible taste, his reviews are jumbled ramblings of a mad man. I don't see how the guy could ever be taken seriously.
>>
>>64075312
>meme critic
You wish!

You're just jealous because you won't ever be half the qt xgau is
>>
>>64075245
who wrote that lol
>>
he's more entertaining and less dour than scaruffi

also not a pedo
>>
>>64075312
He absolutely does have discernible taste.
>>
>>64075312
I think you're describing scaruffi here
>>
Christgau is based, to be quite honest.
Sometimes he misses the mark, but dear God when he hits, it's incredible.

>Pondering the fate of post-September 11 pop, everyone predicted what they already wished for--Slipknot undone, Britney in hiding. What happened instead was the unthinkable--sales of Enya's first album since 1995 spiked 10 months after release. (And she thought that movie where Charlize Theron fucked Keanu Reeves and died of cancer was a promotional coup!) Two years in the making with the artiste playing every synthesizer, the 11 songs here last a resounding 34 minutes and represent a significant downsizing of her New Age exoticism since 1988's breakthrough, Watermark--it's goopier, more simplistic. Yanni is Tchaikovsky by comparison, Sarah McLachlan Ella Fitzgerald, treacle Smithfield ham. Right, whatever gets folks through the night. But Enya's the kind of artist who makes you think, if this piffle got them through it, how dark could their night have been? Like Master P or Michael Bolton only worse, she tests one's faith in democracy itself.
>>
He hates Journey. Good enough for me.
>>
>>64076655
god christgau is such a cunt
>>
When he gave an A to a Soulja Boy album, I started to wonder if he was going senile.
>>
explain to me how this ass is better than Scaruffi
>>
He has too much of a hard-on for punk but I like a fair amount of his opinions

I'm still mad at him for hating on almost every classic prog album though
>>
>>64077379
That's what makes him so great, though.
>>
>>64075232

Dude has introduced me to drive by truckers, withered hand, wussy, serengeti, jeffrey lewis, black eyed peas The E.N.D, james mcmurtry, the coathangers, culture, franco, tab ley rochereau. Bombino..

Okay one those is shit, but at least he has the courage to admit liking shit from time to time.Yeah i like him more then piero.
>>
>>64075242
So critics EVER look good?

Their whole role is predicated by the fact that they're ugly turds.
>>
Scaruffi is the kinda guy i would,intentionally avoid at a record store. Xgau seems like hes capable of regular conversation.
>>
>>64079907
*Do critics
>>
>>64076655
That's why I like him, he's great
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.