[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Liek Nu Metal :(
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: nmh-cover.jpg (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
nmh-cover.jpg
1 MB, 900x900
so i've been having a musical rennaiseance over the past two years or so, I've amassed a sportify collection of roughly a thousand songs, but i still feel as though i know very little about music, what are some core albums/bands that define their generes?
>>
>1000 songs in two whole years
Doesn't sound like you're trying too hard, desu.

Here.

http://www.muessentials.com/
>>
this is exactly what i was looking for, thank you
here's my playlist if anyone cares https://play.spotify.com/user/12175850561/playlist/2EBSEmQxb9Wc3NS4eAgr0E
also i guess my fav bands?
30StM
Cage the Elephant
Korn
Little Green Cars
>>
>>64065717

I looked at your playlist.If you didn't sound so sincere, I would think this was bait. Start listening to albums instead of playlists. Let an album sink in by listening to it multiple times.
>>
>>64065766
Yeah, I have to agree.

I'm guessing you're in high school, just starting to really get into music, and that's cool. Like this anon said though, listen to albums rather than just singles. You'll develop a sense of your tastes much quicker that way.
>>
i've slowly shifted to that the past few months. with the bands i listed and some others like neutral milk and death cab i've really come to appreciate how their albums function as art pieces and not just a receptacle for the songs. The reason it took me so long to get there is none of my friends seem to care for albums.
fav albums too here ya go
in the aeroplane over the sea (duh)
absolute zero
kintsugi
the path of totality
A Beautiful Lie
Thank You, happy birthday
>>
>>64065813
yeah im a senior, spent my younger years listening to This is War and Hybrid Theory on repeat lol
>>
>>64065870
I gotchu, senpai.

Listen to these(I'll try avoiding /mu/core for the most part, since here you can find those albums easily. Some suggestions that are pretty easy listening(for the most part), which a lot of people overlook when recommending music. If's nearly impossible to jump into something like Swans right away.

Sufjan Stevens- Illinois. /mu/core, but this is a must. Go through his discography, he switches it up a lot.
Everything Everything- Get To Heaven
Anais Mitchell- Hadestown(massive underrated on these boards)
Mother Falcon- You Knew
Animals As Leaders-Joy of Motion
Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp A Butterfly(How I initially got into Hip-hop.)
Little Tybee- For Distant Viewing
La Vida Boheme-(either otheir albums)
Julia Holter-Have you In My Wilderness
Mother Mother- O My Heart
New Madrid-Yardboat
Kishi Bashi-151a
Songs from the Big Chair-Tears for Fears
Beck-Morning Phase
>>
>>64066008
I'm gonna go down this whole list, thanks friendo. I already know everything everything and i think they're really good so i've got high expectations for this list XD
>>
>>64066008

Forgot about:

Elephant-White Stripes
Either/or-Elliott Smith
Kanye West-College Dropout(I find it to be better than MBDTF because while still ambitious, it has some simple sincerity to it over the near theatricality of MBDTF)
Head Hunters-Herbie hancock(Some jazz is better than none, I suppose. I know jack shit about it, though)
Basia Bulat-Heart of My own

Give these a try. Honestly, i'm just hoping it'll provoke more conversation other than the same albums /mu/ talks about
>>
>>64066036
does XD work the same on /mu as it does on /b and /pol and such? is the sense of humor the same or is it all just dself referential animal collective jokes
>>
>>64066089

To be quite honest, I'd refrain from ever using "XD", or that type of thing(for the most part) forever. It's useless, and it opens you up for trolls to talk shit. Although, do whatever you want. As long as you make good collaborative conversation on here, I don't really care, personally.
>>
>>64066149
i use it to be stupid and annoying on purpose, so i guess it still works
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.