[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /mu/ like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1380682709825.png (188 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
1380682709825.png
188 KB, 660x720
Why are there so many tripfags? Why do people unironically use emotes and teen slang? Why do people blogpost about their retarded useless lives? Why do so many people make awful cringe-worthy /r/funny tier jokes?

/mu/ wasn't quite so bad a 1-2 years ago. There were still tons of meme and waifu threads like there are now, but there weren't so many fucking tripfags and other faggots drawing attention themselves and talking about things totally unrelated to music.

Was there a normalfag invasion or something? Someone please explain. I don't feel like I'm even on 4chan anymore.
>>
>>64064813
>/mu/ wasn't quite so bad a 1-2 years ago

lol, it was the same you prick.
>>
inside is yellow :)
>>
>>64064823
There were definitely more tripfags than other boards but it didn't quite feel like I was reading posts off a shitty Facebook group.
>>
>>64064834
you get used to something, you start to see its flaws
>>
>>64064813
>>64064834
the average age of a /mu/tant is 17-20. this statistic is steady every year which means is that once the /mu/tant has matured with age from seeing that browsing /mu/ outside of sharethreads is pointless then he never comes back albeit once every few months or so.

incessant forced post-irony is a thing here too
>>
>>64064813
>/mu/ wasn't quite so bad a 1-2 years ago
Based retard.

It was exactly the same.
>>
>>64064926
*15 - 18
>>
>>64064813
>/mu/ wasn't quite so bad a 1-2 years ago. T
the quality never changes. you just get older
>>
>>64064890
I'm not willing to give up on it entirely. There's still some good discussion. I just don't get why more people don't totally ignore the tripfags or at least tell them to fuck off, rather than humoring them. Especially the ones who literally just spewing personal shit or incredibly pretentious and ill-informed "reviews" apropos of nothing.

>>64064930
Maybe it was and I just got older and started noticing it more.

Is there a better website for this kind of discussion, with fewer kids?
>>
>>64064932
mid to late teens i should say then
>>
>>64064957
>Is there a better website for this kind of discussion, with fewer kids?
Yes
>>
because it's full of teenagers

a lot of this board's traffic comes from "ironic" facebook and fantano/death grips/vaporwave dank meme faggots
>>
>>64064966
Don't want to ruin its purity by naming it here, huh?
>>
>>64064966
Not true, or we wouldn't be here.
>>
>>64064984
Yes
>>64064993
You would be, though. Don't pretend that you come her to fulfill valiant, noble end like substantial discourse or any of that bullshit.

You're here for the memes and saying inflammatory things and watching people go apeshit taking you seriously.
>>
>>64065027
I am here because I have never found a general music board with this much traffic.
>>
>>64064978
at least noone is posting about captain beefheart anymore
>>
>>64065041
>high volume of users
>high quality post to shit post ratio
pick one
>>
>>64064957
genre-specific subreddits but i'm fairly sure the traffic is slow as fuck

if you think about it there's no point to discuss about listening to music besides, "oh you like X? me too!" or "does anyone not like X? i don't!", which is 90% of the stuff here.

you can discover music without the discussion itself with youtube, google, what.cd, last.fm, wiki, soundcloud, bandcamp etc.

a good portion of the people here lurk persistently to feed their own ego to show people how "patrician" they think they that they listen to X.
>>
>>64065027
>You're here for the memes and saying inflammatory things and watching people go apeshit taking you seriously.
That's par for the course for most 4chan boards. It's part of the experience.

I'd much rather have a ton of averagely/relatively smart people act like inflammatory retards than actual retards try to act smart or funny.

Like just to give an example, there isn't much intelligent discourse on /tv/, but you don't see nearly as much tripfagging and generals where people jerk each other off talking about how much weed they just smoked and their jobs XDDD.

>>64065063
Yeah I follow a few small subreddits, but they're barely alive.

And I do use music discovery/review services, but some of my favorite artists have been discovered through /mu/, so it'll always hold a special place for me no matter how shitty it is.
>>
>>64065063
>they think they that they

oh my fuck i'm exhausted.

>a good portion of the people here lurk persistently to feed their own ego to show people how "patrician" they think they* are that they listen to X.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.