[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age should you give up playing music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: bar band.jpg (104 KB, 940x659) Image search: [Google]
bar band.jpg
104 KB, 940x659
At what age should you give up playing music?
>>
>>
>>64064422
When you sound like ass after years of practicing.
When you get arthritis
When you can't play anymore to the standard you hold yourself too.
Honestly if those old folks in the pic are good at what they do then fuck what others think.
>>
I'm 27 and I'm trying to learn the digital piano. Why should I stop. I've wanted to learn an instrument since I was 16.
>>
>>
>>64064422
death
>>
after the police chemically castrate you.
>>
Never, if you like doing it
>>
>>64064422
People who quit wonderful hobbies are garbage. Why stop doing what you love?
>>
>>64064752
Clearly you haven't if it took you 11 years to start
>>
>>64064915
I hoot around with multiple instruments in that time. Then I decided I'd rather play the piano
>>
At how many releases should you give up rapping?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYSHvBSbO5Q
>>
I want to say "never", but to be completely honest, guys like Chuck Berry shouldn't play music.

Being almost blind, deaf, and arthritic makes it impossible. The guy should take a rest, he's earned it.

So basically, "until you can't play anymore".
>>
depends on the instrument

drums: 72
bass: 83
guitar: 81
>>
>>64064422
I've been playing drums since I was 4 and guitar since I was 6, I'm 21 now. So I don't really think I CAN stop.

However, I stopped pretending i'd be a rockstar around age 12. Some people have their videogames, some people have their books, I have my instruments
>>
>>64066077
I hope he retires so he can spend more time farting on hookers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3_izsNHl-8
>>
>>64066099
Yeah but you could have lived that rockstar live but now you're too old and your window has closed.
>>
>>64064752
I wish you all the best learning the digital piano, one day you'll start that computer band you've always been dreaming of.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.