[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, PF needs to chill from that 'hurr durr we are smartasses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 6DxJO5o0.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
6DxJO5o0.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
So, PF needs to chill from that 'hurr durr we are smartasses and have an elite music taste shit'
Just a couple of examples
Death Grips got high reviews... bruh
Tame Impala got 9s. i personally like them and think they're great, but umm no bruh
Gojiras L'Enfant Sausage > The Way of All Flesh (ARE U FUCKING KIDDING ME)
Tool got 1s, just take 20 mins and think about that
RHCP got low reviews. OK, i know u guys don't like 'em, but stuff that PF writes about them is absolute bullshit
Opeth's new stuff rated really low, but their br00tal stuff rated better
Lift Your Skinny Fists doesn't have a 10
Daft Punk's early works that revolutionized electronic music and had a bigger influence than RAM are rated low
Mastodon's Remission is their best work
QOTSA Songs for the Deaf isn't their best work
King Crimson, The Doors, who the fuck are they rite?
not hating them 100%, respect a lot of their opinions, especially regarding The Velvet Underground, Radiohead, Aphex twin and the rest of the Pitchfork core, but still...
>>
Critics are not going to align with your views completely. They'll love some stuff you hate, and hate some stuff you love. Get over it.
>>
it's well established by anyone with half a brain that p4k is gutter tier music 'journalism' that panders to the inflated egos of college students

regardless, this is a shit thread
>>
>>64058258
This

You're retarded OP
>>
>>64058187
stop tALKING like you're black
>>
>>64058187
they just need to give deak a 10 and everything will be fine
>>
>>64058187
Stop talking like an ape
>>
>>64058187
You are a white male
>>
In my experience, Pitchfork's positive reviews are worth regarding but everything else they write is trash.
>>
>>64058393
Their positive reviews are pretentious garb too. Written by quite unintelligent people who think they're really intelligent, for really unintelligent people who think they're quite intelligent
>>
prog is unacceptable for professional critics outside of prog magazines/websites to actually like as music critics are also pseudo-intellectual and thus cannot actually evaluate shit on their own.

though they were totally correct about the mars volta who are indeed complete shit.
>>
>>64058393
this
>>64058497
i wouldn't agree that their positive reviews are shit, but the other part is true
>>
>>64058187

The stupidest person in the equation, however, is you for actually spending time reading music reviews, and ones from a retarded source as well. Why don't you just listen to the shit you like and just enjoy your musical listening life without expending effort getting your panties in a bunch over the opinions of some irrelevant dude who sat down and wrote some shit about an album he listened to once. Like, why the fuck do you care? I reckon dude just close the fucking tab, remove bullshit music reviewing sites from your favourites or autocomplete or whatever, put on some tunes you like and just stop.
>>
>>64058187
>King Crimson, The Doors, who the fuck are they rite?
And what the fuck do you mean by that?

Their best of the decade lists have 3 KC albums pretty high up, is that bad?
>>
File: Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png (357 KB, 987x1561) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png
357 KB, 987x1561
>caring about p4k at all
>2016

Kanye West getting a 10.0 in 2010 was the official nail in the coffin.

It's basically Jezebel/Salon: The Music Site now
>>
>>64060127
why is it a bad thing that not white people are receiving more placements on the list?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.