[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one WHAT? How the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
>I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
WHAT? How the fuck do people think this line is witty or clever? It makes less sense than the fucking entire Monster verse. Jay-Z is a fucking hack, holy fuck. I am fucking seething with anger.
>>
Nobody thought that line was clever.
>>
>>64048089
Why did this take you until 2016?
>>
>>64048089

>Listening anything other than "Reasonable Doubt"

That's your problem
>>
someone post the Monster verse analysis
>>
>tfw it's an Ice T line
>>
He's saying women are the least of his worries. How is someone this ignorant? It's starting to get sad really
>>
>>64048183
Probably has something to do with the fact that he's married.

What a waste of time shit rapper.
>>
>>64048089

This isn't a Jay-Z line, it's an Ice-T line that Jay-Z used. Why don't people know the average Jay-Z song contains at least half a dozen "quotations"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg
>>
File: jz.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
jz.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>64048183
No, he's trying to play off the mathematical fact that 99 + 1 = 100, but falls completely flat because it just doesn't make sense. He has '99 problems', but a bitch isn't 1 of them; that is, not a single of the 99 problems is a bitch. It has nothing to do with the number 100 despite you being led to believe so.

Now look at the fucking Monster verse. >Sasquatch, Godzilla, King Kong, Loch Ness
>Goblin, ghoul, a zombie with no conscience
>Question: What do these things all have in common?
>Everybody knows I'm a motherfucking monster
Jay-Z miserably attempts to play off of his nonsensical listing of mythological monsters by interjecting his own philosophical rambling: what do these things all have in common? His response: "everybody knows I'm a motherfucking monster". What? How does that answer the question at hand? It doesn't; it's tangential bullshit that doesn't even directly address the question. In his attempt to be a lyrical genius, Jay-Z ends up looking like a complete unadulterated fool.
>>
>>64048199
better than Kanye at least
>mfw I learned about the truth behind Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2
>>
>>64048194
Wasn't married at the time, dummy
>>
>>64048277
What the actual fuck. Is this a copy pasta?

>I got one-hundred problems

sounds fucking terrible than

>I got ninety-nine problems.

Simple as that you retard.

Agree on the monster verse though. Maybe it was supposed to be a rhetorical question though. Still a bad verse.
>>
I really hate Jay Z, I always got really pissed about his verse on that Diamonds from Sierra Leone Remix. He completely misses the point of every fucking song ever like Ye is just sitting there rapping seriously and Jay comes in talking about how much money he makes like holy shit.
>>
>>64048335

>>I got one-hundred problems
>sounds fucking terrible than
>>I got ninety-nine problems.
>Simple as that you retard.
I don't think you even read the post.
>>
File: e4d00909.jpg (92 KB, 658x524) Image search: [Google]
e4d00909.jpg
92 KB, 658x524
Even Lil Wayne is a better lyricist
>bitch real Gs move in silence like lasagna
If you don't see the post-ironic merit in that lyric, then you need to return to reddit.
>>
>>64048375
The verse does not imply at all that he has 100 problems. He's straight up says he only has 99, women not being one of them. If the listener is led to believe that he in fact has 100 problems based on the fact of 99 problems and 1 not being a bitch, then the listener should really re-evaluate their life.
>>
>Saying Jay-Z's monster verse is bad when Nicki's verse makes his sound like poetry
>>
>>64048411
it's not that he has 100 problems, it's that he wants the listener to believe he's playing off of 99 plus 1 equalling 100, like I said
>>
>>64048404
That's a pretty clever line actually
>>
File: images[1].jpg (5 KB, 215x234) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
5 KB, 215x234
>>64048440
>>
>>64048440
Nicki has the best verse faggot
>>
>>64048456
I don't think that is his intent though, it isn't implied at all.
>>
>>64048404
This isn't even a debate though. Wayne at his peak blows Jay out of the fucking water.
>>
>>64048459
>>64048404

it's almost clever. like, the idea is there. but the actual line makes no sense. i guess that's about as much as you can expect tho from their sort
>>
>>64048487
still terrible.
There is no such thing as a good female rapper. It's physically impossible for a woman to rap and sound good.
>>
>>64048487
Rick Ross was the best part of the song
His part is music to my ears
>>
>>64048509
>based retard
Say the word 'lasagna' out loud.
>>
>>64048672
not sure if serious. obviously the g is silent, hence the idea being clever. the actual line however says the g in lasagna is 'moving in silence' which makes zero fucking sense
>>
>>64048769
The simile is in regards to the silence.
>>
>>64048497
what albums are Wayne at his peak?
>>
>>64048456
Get tested
>>
>>64048295
>Panda is tearing the charts because of this (currently in top 5)
>PT. 2 gets a lower spot

Serves him right
>>
>>64048342
I'm not a businessman
I'm a
BUSINESS
MAN
>>
>>64049266
https://youtu.be/8jtzqNd_J1M?t=66

the original
>>
>>64048295
What are you talking about?
>>
>>64048886
Tha Carter 3
>>
>>64048309
Exactly, his lack of consistency makes him less credible
>>
none of you autismos should be allowed to listen to rap jesus christ
>>
>No ones mentioned the 'bitch' is referring to a dog in the context of the song

Holy shit. I am literally dumbfounded
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.