[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Louis Armstrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: armstrong.jpg (61 KB, 382x500) Image search: [Google]
armstrong.jpg
61 KB, 382x500
What are your thoughts on Louis Armstrong?
>>
>>64047394
he was pretty good at shining shoes
>>
>>64047394
One of the greatest and most important musicians to ever live.
It's pretty hard to overrate him.
>>
Y DID black men STOP PLAYING THE GOAT INSTRUMENT?
>>
>>64047394
He wasn't as good as his Crackerjack band.
>>
>>64047424
As a white man. We stop survey the land.
>>
>>64047451
DELETE THIS.
>>
>>64047394
good
>>
&here is the thing. In the end our numbers are to strong. Brown town is fucked & I'd rather let us trick you our point of reference.

Be on the winning side. I don' want it, but a race war is coming.

>betting against us
I'm much more madder that you, for no reason
Assimilation is your best bet.
>>
>>64047508
The sad thing is,that is comedy gold, but white is too pretty.
>>
>>64047394
Decent musician, but overrated.
>>
File: 5b4472159e06cf7e2dae243a7b421.jpg (895 KB, 2883x3676) Image search: [Google]
5b4472159e06cf7e2dae243a7b421.jpg
895 KB, 2883x3676
>Louis was married four times but his marriages never produced any children. Louis loved children! The neighbors still recall that when Louis returned from a trip, children would gather around the band bus and then help Louis carry his trumpet and suitcases into the house. Then Lucille would fix everybody a bowl of ice cream while they all watched westerns on TV.
>>
>>64047565
>We finally went to bed. And Louis was still laying up in the bed watching the tree, his eyes just like a baby's eyes would watch something... So finally I said, "Well, I'll turn the lights out now on the tree." He said, "No, don't turn them out. I have to just keep looking at it. You know, that's the first tree I ever had."

>Well, I hadn't realized that you know. Louis was 40 years old and it seems to me that in 40 years a person would have at least one tree. I was all swollen up inside when he told me that. We were to leave the next day for Kansas City. I figured Christmas is over; today's the 26th nowl I'll leave the tree. Louis said, "No, don't leave the tree; take the tree with you." And he had me take the tree on those one-nighters. Before I even unpacked a bag I had to set that tree up, his Christmas tree....

>I kept that first little tree until way after New Year's, putting it up every night and taking it down every morning, in a dozen hotels. And then when I did take it down for the last time, Louis wanted me to mail it home. It was a real tree, not an artificial one, and I had to convince him-- I really had to convince him-- that the tree would dry up.
>>
>>64047408
they used to call him Spitshine Louie
>>
>>64047394
Jazz played by mentally retarded people that people who think they like jazz enjoys.
>>
>>64047394

He was a huge uncle tom. Good musician though.
>>
>>64047549
>but overrated.

I bet you listen to free jazz
>>
Dookie is a pretty good album.
>>
>>64047394
the greatest jazz trumpeter of all time. the recordings he made with earl hines in the late 1920s have never been surpassed as far as i'm concerned.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.