[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were they at this point? Stoner? Prog? Post-?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
What were they at this point? Stoner? Prog? Post-?
>>
id say prog

does anyone else think that this is one of the catchiest albums of all time? its fucking ridiculous, nearly every chorus and verse is infectious
>>
>>64039836
I think it's a little overrated on /mu/ compared to Blood Mountain, but The Last Baron is definitely top tier
>>
DON'T STAY
RUN AWAY
>>
Progressive Metal

not the dream theater synth fedoracore prog metal, they showed what progressive metal should be
>>
>>64039871
HE'S ORDERED ASSASINATION
>>
Progressive metal with a high psychedelic influence
>>
>>64039836
It's one of the best metal albums of all time. Definitely the best prog metal album.
>>
>>64039805
Should I check this out? Leviathan is one of my favourite metal albums
>>
>>64040019
absofuckinlutely
>>
Oblivion has to be one of the best album openers ever
>I FLEW BEYOND THE SUN BEFORE IT WAS TIME
>>
>>64039883
I'd say this is retro prog metal
very good, but nothing new really
>>
>>64040060
will do
Anything like Hearts Alive on there? Or should I wait and see?
>>
>>64040019
of course. if you liked leviathan why would you not like their other really great album?
>>
>>64040137
idk i havent even heard Leviathan
just listen and enjoy
>>
>>64040137
the last baron and the czar are kind of a more melodic hearts alive, the last baron especially
>>
>>64040145
>>64040407
>>64040493
sounds good to me, I'll check it out don't even know why I asked
>>
>>64039805

>tfw you miss mastodon on the crack the skye tour with deathclock cause your dad was pissed off at you
>tfw you miss them the next two times they were close for stupid reasons

Life is suffering
>>
>>64039805
The only good prog metal to exist. The soloing actually contributed and wasn't just soulless wank like every Dream Theater album ever.

>>64040594
>missed them on the CtS tour
I heard their singing was atrocious so no real harm for ya.
>>
>>64039805
prog sludge

not that hard fampai
>>
>>64039805
half-decent mainstream metal
>>
This is one of the last decent rock/metal albums.
>>
>>64039805
Prog stoner/sludge, edging more towards the former. Why even bother classifying it though? It's pretty good, not the pinnacle of anything but it's still on a high spot.
>>
>>64040073
And then Divinations with its fucking banjo. Bren't nasally singing is perfect for that, surprisingly.
>NO ESCAAAAAPE
>BINDING SPIIIIIRIIIIITS
>>
I can't into their melodic vocals, sounds cringe as fuck to me. Completely dropped them after Remission.

Do you guys at least like Giant Squid?
>>
>be half tired
>decide to listen to this album
>put it on high and lay down
>don't really stop it or turn it down, kinda fighting sleep
>finish The Czar, already feeling the reactions to the music from in-depth listening
>Ghosts and Crack make me feel like I'm being lifted into space
>Last Baron punches me in the head with space drifting
And that's how this album pretty much took me to the nth dimension and why I have such a bias toward it.
>>
>>64041597
All of their albums are good except The Hunter.
>>
>>64041597
there's an instrumental version of this album available, and it's p. good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns876sYFQZg
>>
Last Baron is mad good.
>>
Mastodon's always got a soft spot in my heart. Met Brann once and had him sign a picture of Phil Collins.

I didn't like the Hunter at all though and dropped them. Is their recent album any good?
>>
>>64039805
/mu/core
>>
>>64039836
I think their latest is their catchiest, but this one has some cool riffs
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.