[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I get into Neil Young? is it worth it? help me mu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: o-NEIL-YOUNG-facebook.jpg (318 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-NEIL-YOUNG-facebook.jpg
318 KB, 2000x1000
how do I get into Neil Young?
is it worth it? help me mu
>>
Listen to this instead
>>
yes it's worth it, neil young is fucking incredible.

>after the gold rush
>on the beach
>everybody knows this is nowhere
>tonight's the night

there ya go
>>
>>64038682
could not have explained it better, you like those 4, you love him. Don't like those 4, you don't like him, case closed.
Also Harvest Moon is worth checking out
>>
Start with Everybody's Rockin, then Trans, then If I Could Only Remember My Name
>>
wow, thanks m8s. Maybe it would be too much to ask witch one first?
(thats because I am one of a first impression)
>>
>>64038861
after the gold rush
>>
>>64038682
How the fuck did you manage to leave out Harvest? It's EASILY his best album.
>>
>>64038627
is he wearing a tie made of spaghetti?
>>
>>64040042
because it isn't as good or representative as those four and definitely isn't his best album
>>
>>64038842
whatever you do don't listen to this dum dum
>>64038861
on the bitch
>>
What does everyone think of Cowgirl in the Sand?
>>
Listen to Cortez the Killer on repeat.
>>
>>64040619

Honestly one of my favorite songs of all time, although I'm not particularly a fan of the studio version at all. I didn't even like it that much 'till I heard the "Live at the Filmore East" some years ago. Shit's insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pzeYdkSr8s
>>
>>64038682
pretty much this, in this order, except with zuma in between everybody knows... & tonight's the night
>>
Takimg back sunday is better
>>
>>64041019
also rust never sleeps for his live shit.
>>
start with Live Rust and Rust Never Sleeps, good live versions of his best songs from both his acoustic era to his hard rock/post-grunge era.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>Neil YOUNG
>Sings about OLD men
>>
>>64040179
>Harvest
>Not as representative of Neil Young's career as On The Beach
Is this an actual opinion that non-contrarians have?
>>
>>64040179
Harvest is probably the best starting point for his early folk stuff though. It has some of his most famous songs.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.