[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ANOTHER SPIDERLAND THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 4fags.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
4fags.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
Can someone please say something to make me like the song 'Washer' off this album more it ruins the album for me
>>
I only like Nosferatu Man and the opener about a fortune teller desu.

I don't force myself to like albums. Crazy, right?
>>
>>64038042
>forcing yourself to like when of the most enjoyable albums ever.
>>
Washer is the best song off the album. If you don't like it then you don't like the album.
>>
>>64038004
What about washer makes you like it Washer less than the rest of the album?
>>
>>64038042
>I don't force myself to like albums
Neither do I, I enjoy every other song on the album a great deal. Just trying to see if someone can change my view on this song
>>
just like it if you like it, and vice versa, dont be a sheep
>>
enjoy Washer by Slint right now or I will stick a hot wire down your penis hole
>>
>>64038147
Alright boys, that's it. Washer is the greatest song of all time and if you disagree your opinion on music is irrelevant
>>
>>64038004
Washer invented the "post rock" sound. Brian pretty much wrote the thing by himself. Just keep listening to it it's 10/10
>>
>>64038189
I don't see how Washer had anymore influence on the post rock sound than any other song on the album
>>
Washer is beautiful, how can you not like those guitars? It's my second favorite song from Spiderland.
>>
I like Washer. For Dinner is just boring though.
>>
>>64039187
Same thoughts to be quiet honest with you
>>
>>64039187
for dinner is undeniably the weakest song on the album and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking idiot
>>
>>64038189
I don't mean to be too snooty, friendo, but I'd definitely say that Ash Ra Tempel's s/t and Glenn Branca's The Ascension invented the post-rock sound, predating Spiderland by 20 and 10 years respectively. But of course, Spiderland brought it back in full.
>>
>>64039187
For Dinner isn't great standalone but the tension that track builds leading up to Good Morning Captain is essential to the album
>>
>>64039187
you can say that For Dinner is a boring song but you absolutely can't deny that it is a necessary one.
>>
taking back sunday is better
>>
File: slint8bit.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
slint8bit.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Washer is one of my least favorites of the album.
Breadcrumb Trail>Nosferatu Man>Good Morning Captain>Don Aman>Washer>For Dinner

>I hate memes but the four faggots go swimming always makes me chuckle
>>
>>64041025
how is nosferatu man better than don, aman or good morning captain? fuck you
>>
>>64041064
Well to be fair Captain is better, but I feel that Nosferatu Man doesn't get any appreciation here and I love it. The riffs are insane, the last one with the two harmonics is so enjoyable.
>>
I'd rank the songs

Breadcrumb>Captain>Don=Washer>Nosferatu>Dinner
>>
>>64042684
Washer > Good Morning Captain > Don, Aman > Breadcrumb Trail > Nosferatu Man > For Dinner
>>
>>64042715
Why don't you like Breadcrumb Trail is very much? It's like a perfect song.
>>
>Slint’s music has always been primarily instrumental, and Spiderland isn’t a radical departure, but the few vocals are among the most pungent of any album around. When I first heard Brian McMahan whisper the pathetic words to “Washer”, I was embarrased for him. When I listened to the song again, the content eluded me and I was staggered by the sophistication and subtle beauty of the phrasing. The third time, the story made me sad nearly to tears. Genius.
>>
>>64041025
Nosfaratu>Washer>For Dinner>GMC>Don Man
>Breadcrumd
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.