[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phish: Best Band Ever or Stoner Bullshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: phish.jpg (23 KB, 424x281) Image search: [Google]
phish.jpg
23 KB, 424x281
What do you guys think of Phish. I'm personally a big fan (listening to 1987.08.21 right now) but I know a lot of people that hate them.

People that hate them, how did you discover them and why do you hate them?

People that love them, what are some of your favorite shows/jams, and how did you discover them?
>>
>>64035125
>fans name random bootlegs instead of albums

garbage meme jam band without a single good song

DUDE 20MIN VERSION OF A SHIT SONG KEK
>>
>>64035125
my ex gf was really into them, I never got them though, I mean they're cool if you're high but that's all
>>
>>64035125
>People that hate them, how did you discover them and why do you hate them?

I discovered them through them being incredibly popular and their fans seem to worship them.

I think they're insanely boring and mediocre and I really don't understand the praise.
>>
>>64035341
It's an acquired taste. Not everyone will like them really. I didn't get the praise at first but curiosity kept dragging me back in and now I've listened to 579 Phish songs (according to LastFM, this doesn't account for my car and Phish.in)
>>
tool
phish
dream theater
deftones

normie-edgy general
>>
>>64035125
Some of the fusion stuff on A Picture of Nectar is pretty good. Can't say I like much else beyond that though.
>>
>>64035443
normie-edgy as in music for edgy normies or music at the edge of normiedom but not abnormal either?
>>
Piero Scaruffis pls go
>>
Phish is genuinely great. Everyone should listen to A Picture of Nectar.
>>
I actually like their studio cuts better than their live shows.
Junta is one of my favorite albums from the 80s
Lawn Boy is good too.
A picture of nectar and rift are both listenable
>>
>>64035125

I was friends with their original manager back in the day in Boston- saw them in small clubs - they annoyed the fuck out of me even then...its only gotten worse.

>bouncing around the room

You are much better off listening to jam progenitors like The Allman Brothers Band or early (live) Zeppelin or even the Grateful Dead (who are equally boring but were boring first)
>>
>>64035647
I love ABB. They're amazing.
>>
I remember Llama from Rock Band 3. Was pretty funky. Haven't heard much else though, aside from a few select bits of shows when Sirius XM channel surfing
>>
>>64035627
My fuckin' man. I always feel so alone in my love of Junta
To the OP, it's hard to pick a single favorite but probably 94/6/22 or the 93 New Year's Eve show
>>
Fall 95 and 97 are the heat
>>
>>64035752
My mouth dropped open when I saw that on RB3. I don't know why they put that song on there, needless to say I played it.
>>
>>64035777
nice trips
Fee
YEM
esther
golgi apparatus
dinner and a movie
divided sky is my favorite
david bowie
fluffhead
contact
barring the bonus tracks its nearly perfect
>>
>>64035721

They really are...and were still amazing very recently with Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks...

alas- no more...but some sick fucking jams
>>
I like Phish just fine, but I think The Grateful Dead do this kind of stuff better. (Of course, they thought Trey would be a good fill in for Jerry, so if The Grateful Dead are willing to give him a chance at filling some unfillable shoes.....)
>>
I can't fucking stand them. It's the musical equivalent of painting a white room with white paint.
>>
>>64035125
>(listening to 1987.08.21 right now)
That's usually an indicator that a band has zero good albums.
>>
>>64037130
Already kind of happened when he played with Furthur at Lockn really recently
>>
>>64038305
Or yknow that albums are not the right context to judge a jamband by. A lot of electronic genres work better in a dj mix. A lot of bands are better judged by an album then their singles. Same thing really.
>>
>>64038400
>Or yknow that albums are not the right context to judge a jamband by
Exactly and their live shows are usually just longer more boring performances of their bad albums.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.