[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
captain memeheart's trout mask replica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159 KB, 300x300
this album has gotta be the hardest 1st play through ive ever had to bare. How many times will i have to listen to it before i realise that this steaming pile of shit is actually art?
>>
Well with that attitude you never will. Just sit down, relax, forget everything /mu/ has told you, and really listen to it. If you still don't like it, then don't listen again
>>
>>64026780
Pretty much this.
Thread closed.
>>
>>64026629
Listen to Shiny beast or Lick my decals off instead, they're both shorter and a bit more accessible.
trout mask replica is lengthy and gets a bit obnoxious to new listeners at times, but it still has some of their best tracks.
>>
>>64026629
nobody is making you listen to stuff.
>>
focus on the instrumentals, they're the best part by far. most of the lyrics/vocals are retarded (especially pena)
>>
>>64026629
>How many times will i have to listen to it before i realise that this steaming pile of shit is actually art?
How is it not art already, regardless of the fact that you like it or not?
>>
>>64026811
also i read he recorded the vocals in the next room and couldn't hear the instruments very well so his timing is all off
>>
>>64026851
>what are headphones
>>
>>64026808
This. Idk why everyone jumps immediatly to TMR, it's his most inacessible record.

Doc At Radar Station > Shiny Beast > Safe As Milk > Trout Mask

If you listen to these in this order you'll probably understand his work a bit better.

Also, in my case it was the following:
>First listen: this is shit lol did I got memed on
>Second listen: ok it's interesting but I don't really like it
>Third listen: holy shit it all makes sense now thank you based Captain
>>
>>64026866
something he obviously didn't use
>>
>>64026629
>Memeheart
Fuck off Fantano, don't you have to tend to your seven adopted Guatemalan children or something
>>
>>64026900
Prove it.
>>
>>64026811
>most of the lyrics are retarded
Sounds like the retarded one is you.
>>
>>64026780
>like it
Top pleb
>>
>>64027089
so are you a memer or a scaruffi drone?
>>
>>64027058
>>64026866
It was stated by Zappa that beefheart didn't use headphones because he found them uncomfortable. He instead felt for vibrations and listened to the sound that managed to leak through the glass
>>
>>64027303
>It was stated by Zappa that beefheart didn't use headphones because he found them uncomfortable
[citation needed]
>>
>>64027323
search it yourself if you care that much, cuck
>>
>>64027420
>Prove my argument?
>well that's your problem buddy!
Not how it works.
>>
>>64026629
listen to it once through and start listening to the songs that stuck out to you, and if you like them listen to it again and you'll find that you like other tracks on the album until you're familiar with it all. that's how it worked for me at least
>>
>>64026629
It is shit.
>>
>>64026629
>the hardest 1st play through ive ever had to bare
>ive ever had to bare
>had to bare
>bare
*bear
no wonder you can't into it, you're fucking retarded
>>
>>64026629
bwuh, le listen to it on acid meme
>>
>>64026629
here's what you should do anon

wait for a really sunny day, go outside and blast that shit on your headphones the whole way through. if you don't think it's the greatest album of all time after that you'll never like it.
>>
just marathoned the first 30 seconds; when does it get good?
>>
>>64030192
immediately
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.