[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm digging music by artists like ajj, jeff rosenstock and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 3694259088-1.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
3694259088-1.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1400
i'm digging music by artists like ajj, jeff rosenstock and Johnny hobo~

can we have a thread about 'folk-punk' and this general sound?
>>
You like Cranford Nix?
>>
>>63966880
Knife man and Rompilation are two of my favorite albums of all time.
AJJ absolutely dominates this genre.
Harley poe is pretty good too, especially at first, but I got tired of it a lot faster than I do AJJ.
>>
How do you guys feel about Days n Daze?
>>
>>63966936
idk cranford mix, i'll check them out desu <3

>>63966938

days n daze too

>>63966937

new ajj stuff is shiti though ;.;
>>
The only folk-punk bands that matter are the Violent Femmes and The Pogues
>>
>>63966990
Meh new ajj stuff isn't that bad imo its just a lot different to their old stuff
>>
>>63966880
AJJs hard to find stuff is 100% their best

Walter Mitty and his makeshift orchestra is amazing bro frat folk-punk

Paul Baribeau has two amazing albums, Grand Ledge and s/t
>>
>>63967059
I agree, I absolutely love their first few albums(Except Candy Cigarettes, Capguns and Issue Problems)
I could listen to People who can Eat People forever
Christmas Island was eh, and their new single isn't very good either. It looks like they're moving away from folk-punk to be more alternative. I wish they'd make more albums like PWCEP or Knife Man though.
>>
>>63967117
Yeah with the name change and sound change I think they're trying to go more mainstream
And thus losing anything unique about them
>>
>>63967162
Yeah, they like their new stuff better it seems though, so that's what to expect from them from now on.
What's their best album do you think?
>>
i just feel like they've lost a lot of their integrity~

>>63967195
>>
>>63967321
Yeah I feel you, they're still one of my favourite bands though.
>>
>>63967080
Yeah Paul Baribeau has some good shit mang, Never Get To Know is really great
>>
>>63966990
idk, I like temple grandlin on christmas island.
still, knife man and rompilation are their best albums by far.
>>63966938
Love the girls voice, some of the lyrics are really cringe worthy though, but overall has an aesthetically pleasing vibe.
>>
I live in Ghost Mice's hometown, they're pretty good although the scene that developed around them kinda sucks. Their split with AJJ is great.
>>
>>63966880
I really like ajj, kind of an acquired taste but I like their sometimes hokey vibe and i relate to a lot of the lyrics. The whole 'everyone's bullshitting' theme speaks to me. I wish they wouldn't have made such a big deal about switching from Andrew Jackson Jihad to AJJ though--I feel like like of all people they should be able to understand that you shouldn't censor yourself in order not to offend anybody. It's people's responsibility to accept criticism of their beliefs with a level head.
>>
Been out of the loop with this stuff for a while btu always good to try some:

The Taxpayers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm-eiCR_PqA

Defiance, Ohio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZpJDe2tpqY

This Bike is a Pipe Bomb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPEaHqQra3A

just a few oldies
>>
Shinobu is kinda similar to Jeff Rosenstock, idk if i'd call it folk punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjVRXtIm5L0
>>
>>63966880
>folk punk
OP are you a female with a dick who never showers
>>
>>63967930

i shower twice a day or i get freaked out :3
>>
KEK KEK NU-MALE NU-MALE HAHAHA KEK KEK SJW SELLOUT
>>
Any bands with not faggy vocals?
>>
>>63968055

kyary pamyu pamyu

trust me
>>
>>63966880
The Taxpayers, Larry and His Flask, and Defiance, Ohio are my absolute favorites from the genre. I'd also check out Ramshackle Glory, Wingnut Dishwasher's Union, and Nana Grizol
>>
Who is AJJ?
>>
>>63968257

andrew jackson jihad

they're really snarky and sad and they make good folk punk music.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.