[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rumor has it that Scaruffi has a copy of this? What??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: godcassa.jpg (17 KB, 395x253) Image search: [Google]
godcassa.jpg
17 KB, 395x253
Rumor has it that Scaruffi has a copy of this? What??
>>
Yep, and the missing boards of Canada cassettes. all members of the patrician club were mailed these releases when they came out. did you forget your invite?
>>
>>63957569
Scaruffis slave here can confirm this is true. Daddy P even let's us listen to it sometimes. 7/10 it's pretty good, even has some bubbly synths!
>>
bumpppp
>>
File: booklet.jpg (75 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
booklet.jpg
75 KB, 1024x575
>>
File: seeing double.png (294 KB, 558x417) Image search: [Google]
seeing double.png
294 KB, 558x417
>>63960873
go on...
>>
File: booklet2.jpg (100 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
booklet2.jpg
100 KB, 1024x575
>>63961329
>>
File: back.jpg (100 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
100 KB, 1024x575
>>
>>63961436
>>63961478
...and...
>>
File: booklet3.jpg (89 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
booklet3.jpg
89 KB, 1024x575
>>
>>63961495
this aint news famburger helper
these are the pictures that were posted in that reddit thread forever ago
>>
File: irked.jpg (25 KB, 380x348) Image search: [Google]
irked.jpg
25 KB, 380x348
>>63961529
disappoint
>>
File: front.jpg (116 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
116 KB, 1024x575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRIHNgwH0PE
>>
>>63961586
H0PE is a lie :(
>>
>we'll literally never hear this album
>>
>>63962672
really this is very sad
and the worst thing is to know that Godspeed has copies but they JUST WON'T GIVE IT TO US!!!!
>>
>>63962860
Do you think Efrim or Constellation has made any attempt to back the recording up by converting it to mp3s or whatever? I hope they aren't just waiting for the tape to become old and unusable.
>>
>>63962860
>>63962990
Efrim wants it to be released, it would seem that the label does not. The label evidently has a copy secured, but they must not think it'd be a profitable release. Here are the main problems that could be affecting a possible rerelease.

1. The tape is not a master copy, so right off the bat the audio quality is diminished and most labels would not want to release something derived from second rate audio.

2. Most Godspeed fans would NOT but a copy of All Lights Fucked on any kind of medium. It's not what most Godspeed fans would enjoy. The music is totally different, and on top of that the music is odd and polarizing. A niche group of die hard fans, that also like weird lo-fi psych music, is not a big enough audience for the label to release it. They would lose money from a rerelease.

It's a sad situation, but we just have to accept it.
>>
>>63963150
Any idea how long it is? If it can fit on one CD, put it in a 2-CD bonus tracks thing with a disc full of stuff the fans will 'actually like'.
>>
>>63963150
at this point they could just drop it on bandcamp it it would get them pure profit
>>
>>63963150
All of those obstacles are so easily overcome it's unreal.
>>
>>63963194
I just highly doubt that the label would even bother releasing something that they can't guarantee they'll make money from in the first place. It's not really a matter of how long the album is, it's a matter of what's on there. Which from the two tracks we have, it's not very accessible music, and it doesn't even resemble what Godspeed did later on.
>>63963201
While this is an interesting idea, I feel like the band would be against it since they seem to take physical releases pretty seriously (see F# A# ∞)
>>63963244
I disagree, the label is a money making machine. If the people behind that machine don't think something is worth releasing, they will not release it. Now, do I want to here the album? Heck yeah. But I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that Constellation would ever release it.

Also I'd like to add that cassettes degrade over the years, even if you're not playing them they can get fucked up. So for all we know, the copy that the label does have secured might sound like warped garbage.
>>
>>63963313
>there is no certainty that the label would make money from it
except there is and they could easily release it digitally
>>
>>63963386
I think the band would disagree with a digital only release.
>>
the whole fiasco with casketjack is just reddit in a nutshell.

literally can't do anything right ever.
>>
>>63963468
They manage to be especially awful when it comes to music somehow
When AnCo's last album leaked they managed to be the first to get a leak out though... by recording with an iPhone playing it off a Crosley
>>
>>63963424
digital
test sales
vinyl

easy
>>
>>63963499
I have little faith in this idea, sorry.
>>
>>63963424
>I think the band would disagree with a digital only release.
If it's the only way their fans would get to hear it, then I doubt they'd be against it. The record label is probably saving it for when they'll eventually just starting milking the band, like after a breakup or something. And chances are, they already have a digital backup of the tape.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.