[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LP9 hype thread. What are your thoughts? >When will it come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
LP9 hype thread. What are your thoughts?

>When will it come out?
>What will it sound like?
>What older songs will be included?
>>
>>63952761
I hope it's more interesting than TKOL
>>
>>63952761
thoms mildlife crisis could fuck this up t b h, that new artstyle looks generic af
>>63952766
holy shit youre literally everywhere
>>
File: wot m8.jpg (78 KB, 494x1024) Image search: [Google]
wot m8.jpg
78 KB, 494x1024
>When will it come out?
I'd say the announcements will start once they start touring. Maybe June-July release.
>What will it sound like?
More strings, less electronics. I feel like Thom will use his acoustic a lot.
>What older songs will be included?
I hope something from the OKC outtakes like Lift or Big Boots. From the last tour I'd hope for Cut A Hole. It was so awesome but they barely played it after the first shows.

>>63952766
I thought TKOL had a very boring Side B. Hopefully the new album will be more consistent.
>>63952785
He looks like a homeless L'Oreal model now. That thing with Rachel will definitely play a big part on the record, unless he spoke out about all the personal issues on TMB.
>>
b u m p
>>
>>63952861
I never understood why celebrities take public transportation. Dude it worth millions why doesn't he just pay for a cab or an Uber?

I see celebrities all the time on the NYC subway and it's so odd to me.
>>
>>63952861
scary
>>
File: 678y9u.jpg (69 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
678y9u.jpg
69 KB, 500x686
Why won't he just go back to this style?
>>
>>63952785
I have a weird posting style which allows me to post pretty much everywhere
>>63952861
TKOL had a sick ass side one but side two was really meh with GUTG and I don't even remember what track 6 was
Lotus Flower is the only good track on that half IMO

Feral, Bloom and MMM are all crazy ass shit
>>
File: 1372109089472.jpg (37 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
1372109089472.jpg
37 KB, 500x389
>>63953320
>pic related is GOAT
>>63953289
Why not? Maybe they just like taking the subway train.
>>63953339
Yeah, Codex is the least memorable just because it sounds like Pyramid Song part 2. Even the horn arrangements do not save it.
>>
>>63953398
Definitely, all the other tracks are at least someone interesting

>those GOAT polyrhythms in Feral
>that falsetto in Lotus Flower
>those crazy complex arrangements in MMM
It's honestly the most inconsistent Radiohead album
>>
>>63953339
>TKOL had a sick ass side one but side two was really meh
fucking this.
>>
>>63953422
what did you think of how Magpie, Lotus Flower and Supercollider turned out compared to their early live performances?
>>
>>63953478
I actually really like the early Lotus Flower performances, especially Thom's original acoustic version
I even took the time to learn it on guitar
Very fun song to play with fingerpicking

I haven't actually heard early performances of Magpie or Supercollider though.
IMO The Butcher > Supercollider just slightly
The Butcher has that absolutely nutty rhythm which tricks you into following the offbeat
>>
>>63953574
Magpie from HTTT era was fucking sick. I miss those webcasts. I think the last one was the Thumbs down and that one was great.

https://youtu.be/Y7cdVmruJnw

Yeah The Butcher is awesome as fuck, too bad they didn't play it live.

You think Clive will be touring with them this year?
>>
>>63953643
Damn, MMM turned out to be way more complicated and abstract than this acoustic piece despite the maddeningly difficult chord progressions that are present here

The Butcher was way too glitchy and techy to play live, there was likely no way to pull it off and not screw up the rhythm

Unless the band's planning on doing more rhythmic glitchy stuff I doubt it. That was probably just to fill in whatever gaps they had while trying to accomplish the difficult rhythmic patterns on record
>>
>>63953728
What exactly is maddeningly difficult about those chords?

I even saw a D in there somewhere.
>>
>>63953825
Most of them are unorthodox voicings and strange chord progressions
A lot of them theoretically are quite complex
Actually most Radiohead songs with Thom on acoustif are like that
He has this odd tendency to use strange voicings and unusual chord progressions for some reason

And the D is because he's tuned in Drop D
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.