[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /grown out of hip-hop/ here? I just feel like there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 71quHJ01THL._SL1300_.jpg (172 KB, 1300x1245) Image search: [Google]
71quHJ01THL._SL1300_.jpg
172 KB, 1300x1245
Who else /grown out of hip-hop/ here?

I just feel like there's so much better produced music out there that has a lot of history and is a hell of a lot more interesting than any hip-hop out right now. I used to be into Kendrick Lamar, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, Mos Def, Black Star etc... But they just don't appeal to me anymore. I do still listen to pic related every now and then though...
>>
>>63952082
been sick of hip hop for the last 3 years.
>>
>>63952082
Yeah that happens, you just need to change what you're listening to every so often otherwise you get bored of it. You'll come back to it at some point.
>>
stopped listening to that trash around 2007
>>
>>63952082
>white people
>>
>>63952192
That's what I thought at first honestly, but I'm seriously just not interested in it whatsoever anymore... The only person pushing the boundaries in Kendrick Lamar and he's not even doing much... He's just combining "deep" "Flying Lotus tier" jazz fusion instrumentals with shitty progressive rap lyrics. I kind of lost what little respect I had for him when I saw him endorse Obama.
>>
RACIST Trump supporter threatens to bitch slap Kanye West. Let's troll on this RACIST piece of shit until he deletes the video:

https://youtu.be/yWUdQnNAy0Y
>>
>>63952082
>I used to be into Kendrick Lamar, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, Mos Def, Black Star

Feel the Bern am I right friend
>>
Seems like a combination of you growing up, intense rose-tinted goggles, and innate contrarianism.
Nice blog tho.
>>
>>63952255

Hahaha, I definitely do not support Bernie Sanders. Rand Paul dropped out though, so I'd probably vote for Gary Johnson or Ted Cruz even though it doesn't matter anyway...
>>
>>63952221
>Faggot
>>
>>63952221
how is being white an insult lmao
>>
Everyone goes in and out of genres man.
I used to be really into hardcore punk, and although I'm doing vocals in a new band (and loving it) I just don't listen to it anymore, save for the occasional screamo band.
I have little doubt that I'll return to it again in a couple years.
Explore some other shit, have fun with music, don't stress about it boo xo
>>
>>63952108
Same.
>>
>>63952221
You say it like theres any black people on /mu/
>>
restricting your tastes to one genre of music is child tier.

You listen to much punk? start with The Stooges and work your way forward.
>>
>>63952897
Yeah no don't get me wrong, I definitely don't restrict myself to any certain genres. I just can't get into any hip-hop right now I guess
>>
this thred is epic hehe memerappers btfo
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.