[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what music do kids listen to today? When I was in my early teens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1447605236782.jpg (100 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1447605236782.jpg
100 KB, 670x503
what music do kids listen to today? When I was in my early teens everyone would listen to either all that post-punk/emo stuff or gangster rap. I guess rap is still kinda big. But what do angsty teenagers listen to today?
>>
death grips
>>
anon i do not think you know what post-punk or emo are and i would recommend goinh back to r/music
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-bRY46mh8o&nohtml5=False
>>
>>63949276
I can confirm this; my nephew is an angst edgelord and lives through NLDW
>>
>>63949268

Minecraft let's plays
>>
>>63949281
>anon i do not think you know what post-punk or emo
how do you figure

even the The Body song I just posted is connected to emo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDL6xdnDy5s&nohtml5=False
>>
>>63949276
>>63949292
i think death grips is mainly limited to people on this board.

>>63949286
this is kinda cool but I can't imagine this is what angsty kids would listen to .
>>
maybe I should rephrase the question to

"If I were 14 today and "into music". What would I probably listen to?"
>>
>>63949268
It's actually fucking weird how difficult is to answer this once you're 20+.

When I was a kid it seemed so obvious - "everyone" was listening to Linkin Park or Eminem or Britney Spears or Avril Lavigne etc., and now I seriously have no idea who is really big when it comes to mainstream shit for kids.

I can only think of Justin Bieber and One Direction. Are they even still relevant tho?
>>
>>63949576
yeah that's what got me upset too. It's not just the mainstream stuff. I think if I were 10 years older I would've never known bands like unearth, bullet for my valentine or bring me the horizon even existed. maybe not even my chemical romance since in my country it didn't really peak the charts since all kids at school would just torrent it.
>>
"Deep" House and stuff like this, whatever it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVtykpfP3sw
>>
>>63949268
they still listen to that. bands like fallout boy panic! at the disco and 21 pilots and the 1975 and so on...
>>
>>63949343
A few years ago I vriwsed this noard, I was 15, NLDW and TMS were my holy grails
>>
>>63949276

Really? I had the impression that Death Grips is something that guys in their early 20s listen to. Besides that, DG doesn't get much attention except from people on /mu/ (+ a few pitchfork -and fantanopeople here and there)
>>
>>63949772
just put a donk on it desu
you do realise only middle age chavs in the shitty outer suburbs of the uk listen to this stuff right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58
>>
>>63949268

21 Pilots
>>
>>63949365
You could be a tumblrina and listen to 21 Pilots, Arctic Monkeys (AM exclusively tho), Taylor Swift, The 1975, etc.

Or be an obnoxious EDM bro and listen to music exclusively with drops in them.

Or be a hypebeast and listen to exclusively drill/trap rap, make obnoxiously false claims ("FUTURE THE GOAT"), and hype every mediocre rapper who has a hot beat behind him because you don't know any better.
>>
>>63949576
I'm 21 now and back then my school's angsty music of choice was Slipknot, Linkin Park, Eminem, MCR.

As far as normal teens go, I know quite a few and they seem to listen to a lot of Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilots and Adele.

Justin Bieber is still relevant because of his most recent album which a lot of people marked as a turning point for him, even though it's still utter shit imo. idk about One Direction tho.

Idk any angsty teens tho.
>>
File: wolf-alice2.jpg (176 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
wolf-alice2.jpg
176 KB, 1500x1000
think these guys are pretty big for UK angsty teens (the ones that matter)
>>
>>63949268
I don't think angsty teens really exist anymore. Everyone's too concerned with fitting in and being normal. No real room for weird shit anymore.
>>
Prolly a lot of Taylor Swift.
>>
>>63949268
edm, electronic shit
>>
>>63950036

desu- as a recent UK teen, i'd say just look at the mid-tier of artists on **comercial** festival line ups like Reading, Latitude, T in the Park etc.

bands like Wolf Alice, Swim Deep, Drenge, Frightened Rabbit, Of Monsters and Men, Years & Years etc.
>>
If you're angsty and in college you listen to folk punk.

But that's not edgy.
>>
EDM and pop rap is what the normal kids listen to and anything pitchfork approves is what the indie hipster kids listen to.
>>
>>63950130
>>63950036

then if you're from inner-city (desu mainly really London, but there's a scene in most cities now) then you're probably into quite commercial grime too (BBK, Big Narstie etc.)
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.