[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: fuckmylife.png (33 KB, 324x207) Image search: [Google]
fuckmylife.png
33 KB, 324x207
what do
>>
so the choice just looks to be between sleep and animal collective right? I mean it looks like you can basically catch everyone else.
>>
See Brian Wilson he's probably going to die soon.
>>
In such cases I've sometimes split the time between two bands.

Or, alternately, went with the artist/band I hadn't seen yet... or, chose who I'm less likely to get another chance to see.
>>
Go to Boris, walk out halfway to see Brian Wilson, skip Sunn, skip those Animal Collective hacks and watch Sleep.
>>
>>63947935
Yeah, I guess if I go to the whole Brian Wilson show I'll still get the end of Sunn O))) and the majority of Boris. Should be fun going from drone metal to Pet Sounds and back again lmao.

>>63947939
Yeah for sure going to see Brian Wilson, he's performing Pet Sounds. Can't miss it.

I guess the main question is, yeah, Sleep or Animal collective? suppose it depends what drugs im on
>>
>>63947962
Did you like Painting With?
>>
I love Wilson but I'd just stay at the levitation tent. I'm sure AnCo is playing a lot from Painting With which was mediocre as fuck so I'd skip them.
>>
>>63947969
I don't dislike it. I wish it was more textured and interesting, but I do enjoy the poppy feel. It's really propulsive, I listen to it on the treadmill pretty often.
>>
>>63947983
and did you like Sleep's new ep from two years ago?
>>
>>63948008
Wait what, I didn't even know they had a new EP. I've listened to dopesmoker, jerusalem, and holy mountain. Haha that's nice, I'll check it out.
>>
I suppose Brian Wilson's set will likely be the weakest, easily, but of course you want to get a chance to see him, because, duh.
>>
>>63948020
then definitely go to Animal Collective

at least thats how I decide shows

ep/single
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sleep/The_Clarity/442368
>>
>>63948036
Thanks for the link. Yeah I think I will go see anco. I'm probably more likely to be rolling than stoned anyway so I don't think i'd really enjoy a band at that moment whose opus is called "dopesmoker" :P
>>
>>63948057
I mean if you're completely blown away by the new Sleep song then I'd actually say check them out but otherwise AC
>>
What festival is this?
>>
>>63948115
levitation in austin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOm_m-W0Vw

kinda sucks. too staccato for them
>>
>>63948134
Damn, that's out of range for me. Nothing good ever happens in Boston except AnCo and I missed that. I should snag some Swans tickets before it's too late
>>
>>63948150
>Nothing good ever happens in Boston
Killswitch Engage is an American metalcore band from Westfield, Massachusetts, formed in 1999 after the disbanding of Overcast and Aftershock.
>>
>>63948134
*staccato or not that was fuckin stupid
>>
File: fuckmylife.png (6 KB, 498x190) Image search: [Google]
fuckmylife.png
6 KB, 498x190
>>63948150
God I wish I could go see Swans. I'm at home in Houston for the summer and at school in Atlanta in the fall. Look at the tour dates.
>>
>>63948150
>Boston

isn't it doable to go to NYC or Philly for a weekend? Not from around there, don't know
>>
>>63948161
Well, I was talking about shows and festivals, but did you know Boston is from Boston? I've lived in Boston my whole like and never knew that the band Boston was from Boston. I'm actually from Lowell. A band called Paris from my highschool is going big and they were originally metalcore but now they're boring pop music because the lead girl took control and kicked everybody out of the band. But can you believe that both Boston and Paris are from Boston? I've always lived in Boston and Boston is from Boston? And Paris too?

>>63948201
That really sucks

>>63948217
It's like a five hour drive up to New York, I thought about it for Radiohead but decided against it. I'm not sure about Philly though.

My best prospects for a good show are Sufjan at Boston Calling which has a pretty shitty lineup otherwise and Swans
>>
>>63948235
>five hour
ah yeah that's rough just for a concert. I'm driving three up to austin, but thats for a whole festival
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.