[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is good taste?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1132221_26215_large.jpg (17 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
1132221_26215_large.jpg
17 KB, 315x315
What is good taste?
>>
Something refined and personal I guess.
>>
not yours
>>
>tambourine
that's a good start
>>
>>63946955
liking things that you didnt know you liked
>>
three black lady backup singers shuffling and snapping their fingers in unison
>>
>>63947018
I like this answer

Imo good taste is liking music that can't be played during anytime of the day. An artform
>>
>>63946955
taste that is similar or identical to mine
>>
>>63947661
not true 2 b h
>>
>>63946955
liking what I like
>>
liking what I like and hating what I hate
>>
that which I can manage to presently maneuver to be seen as fitting the progressive narrative, in front of my progressive peers, of course

*virtue signals*
>>
Depends who you ask I suppose.
>>
>>63947976
in other words, Taylor Swift and Grimes!

also, many many black musics, for they cannot help their sexism and violence because of poverty and capitalism and such.
>>
Don't let /mu/ sway you, taste is completely subjective to your own interests and perceptions. Good taste is your own, not someone else's just to fit in.
>>
>>63948043
Very, very noble of you to assert, sir. I thank you.

No need to have any conviction, after all, what good ever comes from people having strong feelings about taste? NOTHIN

Stay in yer little cubby hole, that's what I always say
>>
Being able to listen to music deeply and describe coherently and technically why you like it or don't like it.
>>
>>63946955
Nothing.
All tastes are awful
>>
>>63948069
good answer
>>
>>63948069
I don't think a lot of why really great music works can be coherently or technically described or explained, though, except very distantly and allusively.
>>
>>63948080
Is your taste awful? What makes it good?
>>
>>63948117
It really can. A lot of great classical music can be analysed in terms of structure and content to determine why it's so good, and the same is true of rock music. Admittedly, rock music is rarely as structurally interesting or complex as good classical music, but it can still be analysed in terms of recurring motifs, ratios of length, development of material, effectiveness of build and instrumentation, etc.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.