[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just listened to this for the first time, why the hell is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 400x400
Just listened to this for the first time, why the hell is it so beloved on here? I mean it's decent but nothing special. Just generic top 40 indie pop
>>
If you think an album that's essentially a love letter to Anne Frank is top 40 material, I assume I probably can't say much to change your mind
>>
"Because the lyrics are well written and because concept albums are automatically good."

Not that I disagree with what I just mockingly said
>>
>>63946852
>a love letter to Anne Frank
that makes it worse
>>
>>63947239
>not liking Anne frank
go to bed /pol/
>>
>>63946687
I think "generic" is probably the most accurate and appropriate word for this band.
>>
>>63946687
it perfectly perpetuates /mu/s passionate dedication to christianity and i can understand that personally
>>
>>63946687
hey not gonna lie, I love this album, but I didn't at first. I thought it sounded samey, at times grating and the only times my ears perked up was when he said semen occasionally. MY MIND IS 100% CHANGED. I think jeff's songwriting is utterly unique and the melodies that he uses are so satisfying and affecting, as well as the instrumentation being perfectly balanced between fuzzy and distinguished. I really don't get the sentiment that this album is generic. I can hardly find a thing like it.

or maybe it's beloved here because music is subjective and people like different shit.
>>
>>63946687
list 10 albums by different bands that sound like ITAOTS
>>
At first listen i hated it and now it's my favourite album of all time. Try it again anon
>>
>>63949839
Stockholm Syndrome victim?
>>
>>63946687
in 1998 there was no top 40 indie pop.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.