[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what is the consensus on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Kid A.jpg (301 KB, 1437x1437) Image search: [Google]
Kid A.jpg
301 KB, 1437x1437
Now that the dust has settled, what is the consensus on this album?
>>
this one's better.
>>
idk but yesterday i woke up sucking on a lemon
>>
File: 1328309680117.png (157 KB, 336x475) Image search: [Google]
1328309680117.png
157 KB, 336x475
The End of Evangelion of music
>>
>>63932942
I actually can't believe that some people feel this way.
>>
File: 71B3RDbeiJL._SL1050_[1].jpg (159 KB, 1037x1050) Image search: [Google]
71B3RDbeiJL._SL1050_[1].jpg
159 KB, 1037x1050
overrated as fuck

>>63932942
this is true, but pic related is the best
>>
Coldplay - clocks
>>
>>63933124
believe it if you want but I think the bends is the best and amnesiac is a pretty shit album
>>
Literally perfect if Morning Bell didn't exist.
>>
>>63932925
AoTY! I can't believe tumblr was right! Twenty one pilots are the second best band ever (right after AM)!!
>>
>>63933665
the bends is a 10/10 for sure
>>
Kid A / Amnesiac era is the greatest peak by any band ever.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>63933124
They're both very close, but OK Computer is in some ways a better crafted "album". It flows incredibly well.

Plus OKC is pretty much the artistic peak of 90s alt-rock. It beats their contemporaries' albums from that era hands down. Whereas Kid A is brilliant, but it's hard to say whether it's better than Aphex Twin's best tracks, or better than other experimental rock albums.

But as >>63933628 says, Amnesiac is the better of the two. Radiohead threw most of their more accessible/pretty sounding tracks on to Kid A, and most of the harsher/more experimental ones onto Amnesiac and its b-sides.
>>
>>63933793

wasnt amnesiac referred to as Kid B because it was made of off-cuts from Kid A?
>>
>>63933968
Everything on Kid A, Amnesiac, and it's b-sides was written and recorded in the same sessions (1999-2000).

Plus there were even a few more leftover songs from those sessions that made it on to later albums (There There, The Gloaming, a few others I forgot).
>>
>>63933003
no that's the ark work, aka the kid a of metal
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.