[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking Gira, just drop the full song already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (31 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
31 KB, 1920x1080
Fucking Gira, just drop the full song already
>>
File: TGM .jpg (717 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
TGM .jpg
717 KB, 1500x1500
What song are you most excited about?

>The World Looks Red / The World Looks Black

Mainly because we haven't heard anything from this one, and it uses lyrics Gira wrote back in the no wave days.
>>
>>63925121
I better cover all my stuff in plastic because I'm gonna cum hard senpai
>>
>>63925636
Am I imagining things or did I read something about some potential Sonic Youth lyrics? The no wave thing you mentioned reminded me of that.
>>
>>63925636
I wonder if we will see more USE YOUR HANDS TO BUILD THINGS. USE YOUR HANDS TO BREAK THINGS. type of lyrics
>>
>>63925636
im pumped for Finally, Peace, if its their final song i assume gira worked hard on it
>>
>>63926847
>Finally Peace
>If I have my way this will be a quite "pretty" pop song that will dissolve into a narcotic cloud of sound I forsee a sizeable cast of players on this one.

This is what he wrote about it in the liner notes for "The Gate" I'm really excited for it as well.
>>
>>63925121
who else #preordered
>>
>>63926847
its really nice on The Gate
>>
when's the album supposed to drop?
>>
>>63926749
Yeah, it's one of their songs that he wrote for them. Titled The World Looks Red

>The song ‘The World Looks Red / The World Looks Black’ uses some words I wrote in 1982 or so that Sonic Youth used for their song ‘The World Looks Red’, back in the day. The music and melody used here in the current version are completely different. While working up material for this new album, I had a basic acoustic guitar version of the song and was stumped for words. For reasons unknown to me, the lyric I’d so long ago left in my typewriter in plain view at my living and rehearsal space (the latter of which Sonic Youth shared at the time) and which Thurston plucked for use with my happy permission, popped into my head and I thought “Why not?” The person that wrote those words well over three decades ago bears little resemblance to who I am now, but I believe it remains a useful text, so “Why not?”. Maybe, in a way, it closes the circle.

>Push it away
>The world looks red
>People with fish eyes
>The ground sucks
>Walk on my fingertips
>Displacing the fog
>The weight of my body
>Is too mush to bear
>The memory drained
>The life from the dull
>An ocean of insects
>Worked like a sheet
>The immovable fact
>Buried my mind
>In a horsehair coat
>In a pile
>On the floor

>Push it away
>The world looks red
>People with fish eyes
>The ground sucks
>Walk on my fingertips
>Displacing the fog
>The weight of my body
>Is too much to bear
>The memory drained
>The life from the dull
>The ocean of insects
>Moved like a sheet
>The immovable fact
>Buried my mind
>In a horsehair coat
>In a pile
>On the floor
>>
>>63927305
June 17th
>>
how many audio tracks are there supposed to be on the one song? like 200 right?
>>
>>63927486
I think it was 140 or something
>>
>>63925121
no
>>
>>63927486
>>63927587
240 tracks.
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/02/michael-gira-details-swans-valedictory-new-album/
>>
>>63927308
Very neat, thanks!
>>
>>63925636
I'm pumped for The Glowing Man. I expect the build up to the signature riff will be incredible.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.