[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many times do you listen to an album before you feel comfortable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: question.png (800 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
question.png
800 KB, 1024x768
How many times do you listen to an album before you feel comfortable rating it?
>>
one

If I hear the album a second time and feel that the rating needs to be changed, then I'll change it

I try not to take it that seriously anyway
>>
>>63916901
Once. If I made Youtube videos I would go by the standard 'three listens' rule.
>>
one

unless i really like it
>>
reminder that if you consciously rate music you listen to on a numeric scale for a reason other than you are a music reviewer and providing a numeric representation of your opinion is expected you are
l i t e r a l l y
a u t i s t i c
>>
>>63916936
>>63918192
>>63918207
are you really that stupid? listening an album once doesn't let you get the details that you may get on a second or third listen
>>
none because i don't rate albums
>>
>>63918239
this
>>
>>63918239
this, that said I have to listen to an album 4 or 5 times to make up my mind about it
>>
>>63916901
after trying the first song for 30 seconds, skipping through the rest of it 30 seconds at a time with my mouse and doing the same to the rest of the tracks just to pick up the most superficial characteristics of the album so i can exaggerate them when i am forced to explain why i think the album is good or bad.

then for the score i simply average the scores from pitchfork, theneedledrop, marcel, christgau, christ ott, scaruffi, metacritic, rym and the latest posts from the archive, subtracting 2 points if the average is <= 5 and adding 2 points otherwise, going above 10 and below 0 if needed

finally i make a thread about the album collaging the cover with several other classics and grimes' last album and asking who did it better. samefag until replies
>>
I have dropped albums 1/4 the way through. I don't need to finish a bad album and rehear it.

If it's good I tend to play it 5 times in a week. If it's great I'll listen to it till it sounds sour.
I have ruined so many goat albums by listening to it on repeat.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.