[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This isn't bad at all Fuck you /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: M83-Junk-full-size-compressed.jpg (93 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
M83-Junk-full-size-compressed.jpg
93 KB, 620x620
This isn't bad at all
Fuck you /mu/
>>
>>63907959
It's not bad but it's not above average
>>
>>63908300

I would say below average is kinda bad
>>
Yep, it's actually pretty good.

Most on here are teeny-boppers who weren't around in the 80's and their parents were still sucking on their parents teets. They can't appreciate.
>>
>>63908739
>muh 80's revival nostalgia theme

That does not make an album "pretty good" especially compared to his other work this is below average
>>
File: 1456480429467.jpg (69 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
1456480429467.jpg
69 KB, 562x530
>>63907959
normies that got on the m83 train after midnight city are shitting on this album

it's not anything groundbreaking but it's solid with some cool gimmicks

been listening to it since it leaked on repeat , having fun with it
>>
>>63908996
I've listened to m83 since 2005 and I only like half of Junk. It has 7 really good songs and the rest are either forgettable or just awful.
>>
>>63909722
I don't disagree with that it does have some filler tracks but I wouldn't say they are awful
>>
>>63907959
it's literally an "album with only one good song"

Do It, Try It
>>
it's been on par with most m83 releases
-great singles
-40-50% filler
-that one song with obnoxious overindulgent spoken word bit that ruins it

i feel like he has the obvious talent and skill to make a masterpiece. the high points are high, but his questionable choices always make the overall album average
>>
>>63909861
Not trolling but what do you consider the highs on this album?
>>
I'm interviewing m83 soon, any questions you guys want answered?
>>
>>63909841
You like do it try it but not Go!?
I'm 100% playing it at my party tonite. It's a fucking jam.
>>
>>63910442
Is it going to be another five years until the next album?
>>
>>63910442
would you touch a benis?
would you touch a benis for $10?
>>
>>63910483
Would you mind if I phrased it as €10? Might be more relatable
>>
>>63910479
I'll mention the long time between albums for sure
>>
>>63910550
€8.77, €10 is worth more than $10
>>
>>63910677
You really want this to be awkward don't you
>>
>>63910835
I know he speaks English but please ask it in broken french
>>
>>63910976
Im so tempted to do this self sabotage purely for the replay value
>>
Moon Crystal is some Sesame Street shit. Not in a bad way tho.
>>
Do It Try It is quite the jammer m8(3)s
>>
>>63910442
He used to be really into Cocteau Twins and My Bloody Valentine back in the day. What kind of music is he into these days? And which ended up influencing the sound of the album?
>>
>>63911128
After you ask it an it gets incredibly awkward, tell him that the interview needs to go well or you'll probably be fired.
>>
>>63907959
Listening now.
It's vaporwave without the wave.
And vaporwave was already shit.
At least they're not ripping off Slowdive and Drop Nineteens anymore.
>>
>>63911169
A DANCE
ON REPEAT
A TRANCE
ON A HARD BEAT
>>
this album is shockingly boring, almost half the tracks are dull, plodding ballads
>>
>>63910028
first 3 songs + solitude

after solitude i just lose interest
>>
>>63911287
same

i am happy to have four decent new m83 songs after five years, though
>>
>>63907959

Hands down his worst release. Unquestionably. He knows it. We know it.

Is it the worst album ever? No. But considering how very, very high Gonzalez has been able to go before, this is a very disappointing low after a 5 year absence. It might be that he's making a statement. It might also be that the statement wasn't worth alienating his long term fans over. Ho hum.
>>
>>63911197
I'm sure he'll be very merciful
>>
This may be the most fucking anemic thing I've ever listened to. This shit's for fucking elevators and Walmart aisles-- safe, anemic and emotionless.

It's sonic xanax
>>
Trying really hard to like this already losing interest at bibi the dog
>>
>>63911188
Good question, I've got a few set out but can chop and change, no word on exact date but should be next month or so
>>
A post-vapor masterpiece desu
>>
>>63911287
Laser Gun is cool tho
>>
>>63911287
nah road blaster is a jam
>>
>>63907959
9/10 album IMO. Gets better each time.
>>
>>63910442

can you let him know that he's like one of my music inspirations? If it weren't for New Map, I probably wouldn't be making music for a living now.
>>
>>63911422
But xanax is awesome

PS I don't get the Vaporwave comparisons since I found it to basically be a Chillwave album through and through
>>
>>63911654
Time Wind is a banger tho
>>
>>63909861
You get it. Even "Hurry Up We're Dreaming" was 50% filler. Great singles though.
>>
>>63912348
It's post vapor, not actually vapor, you turbo pleb
>>
>>63912348
It sounds like plundered styles of forgotten music from the 70's and 80's, but without adding the lazy effects that pepper vaporwave music. It sounds bland and bougie.

I was on antidepressants for a few years and while they're awesome for staving off suicidal ideation, it does make like less exciting when your highs and lows get balanced.
>>
>>63912393
>So much of this ambient/shoegaze album is filter
Sounds like you don't get it
>>
>>63912507
No I'm pretty sure it's just Chillwave
>>63912508
That describes Chillwave, m8
>>
>>63912524
Nope. Shoegaze sucks and Ambient is boring. Needs to be played in an elevator.
>>
>>63913084
Everything needs to be played in an elevator, then
>>
>>63913107
Flawless logic.
>>
a bunch of 80s cheese and compressed modern production doesnt equate to good music despite what a lot of artists today try and tell you with their 80s cheese BUT MODERN records

theyre a dime a dozen at this point, im sure youll be into the new tegan and sara tripe too, look forward to it
>>
>>63911287
Same here. I really like Tension and Laser Gun too but yea first 3 songs and solitude are the best on it.

Should have been an EP.
>>
fuck yes, this album is the shit, i also don't even give a fuck.

This is literally the sound of anthoney gonzalez not giving a fuck anymore and it's great.

That fucking steve vai solo on Go is the most ridiculously enjoyable thing i've heard this year so far, i don't even give a fuck.

this whole album is the epitome of post irony. i feel sad for anyone who can't enjoy this

come at me
>>
>>63907959
better than their last one
>>
>>63908996
>fun
>>
sounds like animal collective fucking daftpunk in the ass with supertramp blasting on the radio while they fugg
>>
most fun album of this year, if you dont like it i dont know what to tell you
>>
>>63907959
it's junk
>>
GOT IT ALL, HA
GOT EVERYTHING
GOT EVERYTHING
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.