[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's 5 new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Dead Sara
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins?
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy?
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Kanye West’s 30 out of 10 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 14

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, very badly needs to be updated)
https://mega.nz/#!zoQGBCYK!evBav1uwKekImmse6g35z2lRgdGXxxUh8nyVSTyShl0

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Rest in peace Merle Haggard
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Bat for Lashes, Car Seat Headrest, M83, PJ Harvey, Islands, Vijay Iyer, and Tim Heidecker.
-This thread is dedicated to the guy that said last night's thread was the last
>>
File: Pleasure To Meet You.jpg (296 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure To Meet You.jpg
296 KB, 960x960
Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM
>>
Daily reminder that +@ was robbed.
>>
Today was gonna be the day but they'll never throw it back to you
>>
PC-HP 8.7 BNM
>>
>>63892900
FAAAASTER THANNNNN A CANNNONNBAAAALLLLL
>>
The album in the last spot will get a 6.8.

Seriously, come back after the reviews are posted and the fifth one will have a 6.8.
>>
What's everyone listening too?
Getting back after seeing pic related.
>>
>>63892061
>-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Bat for Lashes, Car Seat Headrest, M83, PJ Harvey, Islands, Vijay Iyer, and Tim Heidecker

>no deakin
>>
tonight's thread is actually the last thread sorry guys
>>
>>63893115
Get out fake shill
>>
what paintings does /p4k/ liek?
>>
last two digits are deakin's score
>>
File: m83_junk_3600x3600.0.jpg (57 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
m83_junk_3600x3600.0.jpg
57 KB, 620x620
>>63893030
Listening to Junk right now. Less than halfway through. Not sure how I feel. It isn't the M83 I'm used to, but it's not bad either? It's like, I don't want this to be M83, but I don't dislike it.
>>
>>63893377
Dubs confirm 7.7
>>
>>63893411
junk is the most logical conclusion to what m83 was going to become, they just ramp up the cheese because midnight city was a huge hit and it was stylistically what they like anyway

just cut it down to a bunch of not m83 sounding 80s chic revival bullshit with modern production sounds to throw into the bin with all the other shit just like it that nearly anyone has been making for the past 5 years or so like Tegan and Sara, and Com Truise
>>
>>63893548
But this isn't like "Midnight City." This ain't Dream Pop at all.
>>
>>63893584
thats what i said, ramp up the cheese, get rid of the m83, you have junk
>>
>>63893411
I'd honestly be surprised to see it get higher than a 5, but it is pitchfork so who knows
Album is shite, don't kid yourself
>>
>>63893654
They panned the Oblivion soundtrack, so they're not averse to panning M83. A 5 is possible.
>>
What's everyone listening to?

pic related
>>
File: 4babda78.jpg (259 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
4babda78.jpg
259 KB, 658x658
>>63893784
I really goofed it guys
>>
>>63893804
i've ignored everything this band/person has ever done because of this single cover
>>
>>63893816
lol, fair enough, I try to think of it as a Virgin Suicides type thing, where its exaggerated teenage-ness meant to mimick the feeling of nostalgia, the music sounds a lot like that idea to, I would recommend it if you ever feel like you can get over the cover
>>
last two digits confirms LP9 score
>>
>>63893883
I could live with that, wish Radiohead could make a glorious 10 though
>>
m83 4.9
>>
Daily reminder that a non-meme/"progressive sjw act will never ever get above a 9.0 again. Including radiohead
>>
FUUUUUUCK
>>
>>63893935
Daily reminder that non-meme/"progressive sjw music isn't good anymore. Including radiohead
>>
One day Mogwai will get a BNM again
>>
PARQUET COURTS BNM
ZOE REVIEWS MOGWAI
>>
NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Parquet Courts 8.4 BNM by Jenn Pelly
Mogwai 7.1 by Zoe Camp
Terrace Martin 7.8 by Marcus J. Moore
Tacocat 6.1 by Laura Snapes
Träd, Gräs och Stenar 7.4 by Marc Masters
>>
>>63893971
mogwai has never gotten BNM you poseur
>>
>>63893998
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/19466-mogwai-come-on-die-young-deluxe-edition/
wew lad
>>
>>63894015
literally do u know what the difference between an R and an M is?
>>
>>63893998
I suppose honorary BNM considering they got a 9.7 back in 97
>>
>not even pitchfork can make it all the way through Junk or listen to it enough to write a review on how shite it is
>>
http://pitchfork.com/news/64667-vampire-weekend-refused-to-capitalize-on-weezers-misfortune-by-replacing-them-on-shrek-soundtrack/
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1536x1046) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1536x1046
Meanwhile...
>>
>>63894242
not even patrician

also fuck off tmt
>>
>>63894242
jesus, really? I think p4k's review was a little harsh but there are good portions of this EP that are downright unlistenable. I don't care how "interesting" or left field it is.
>>
>>63894242
GO TO BED TMT
>>
>>63894242
tmt has the same problem p4k does, they get attached to certain producers and just fucking love everything they put out, see SOPHIE, Dean Blunt
>>
>>63894242
Fuck off TMT
>>
>>63894242
This review got me to actually listen to the thing.

This is bad. This seems like one of those bad things that people say they like to seem ironic.
>>
>>63894242
nobody cares tmt
>>
>>63894386
Go to bed Marcel. Stop plagiarizing TMT.
>>
>>63894396
I really like the production on Vroom Vroom, the weird revving synth sound on the hook is really cool, the rest of it's pretty forgettable
>>
>>63894550
I'm not Marcel?
>>
>>63894550
Marcel isn't plagiarizing TMT RIGHT NOW, dummies.
>>
>>63894242
“Sippin sizzurp in my ride, like Three 6. Now I’m feeling so fly like a G6.”
– Far East Movement, “Like a G6”
>>
>>63894550
he did stop
>>
>>63892061
motherfucker died like 2 days ago and this is the only thread where i've found even a mention of the man. fuck this fucking faggot ass board.
>>
>>63894242
>>
>>63895032
this gives me such a hard on
>>
>>63894242
My favorite release of this year so far, though I haven't gotten to that many
>>
>>63894242
based
>>
>>63894368
But they choose better sacred cows

Anyway, what a dry year so far, especially for P4K core. Hecker whiffed. M83 whiffed. Drake's about to whiff.
>>
>>63895224
p4kcore isnt even p4kcore anymore, this year has had tons of good releases but condenast4k doesnt care about that shit

they can only allow 8.0+ no bnm reviews of the things p4k staff actually likes most of the time, things like the Amnesia Scanner EP, Tim Hecker, and Thao albums were great, and wouldve been bnms in a time long past. but they cant market those things as much as they can anderson paak who is good at what he does but he is everywhere right now and theyre riding on that hype train
>>
>>63895224
I'm actually kind of surprised that nothing has topped Kanye's 9.0 so far. I feel like this time last year there were already a few contenders for AOTY. I'm gonna laugh if Turbo Grafx 16 comes out and they end up putting two Kanye albums in their Top 10
>>
>>63895328
last year had an early start in march because kendrick lamar and death grips and a bunch of other decently hyped shit came out at that time, but there was quite a slump in the beginning of summer until the last qtr of 2015
>>
>>63893129
I want Zoe Camp to bully me
>>
>>63895624
We all do
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.