[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't been on here since this was dropped, what do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
Haven't been on here since this was dropped, what do you guys think of Deakin's new album? I'm actually really liking it.
>>
>>63889016
It's great and there were many terrible memes which were off putting when deak saw them so some turbo autist made him an e card
>>
5.5/10
>>
>>63889016
just listened to it too. i understand why the anco bros don't let deak sing.
>>
It's really good, though this board was going fucking crazy over it when it first leaked (calling it aoty and saying it was better than person pitch) so it's probably going to have a lot of backlash unfortunately.
>>
One the best AnCo related releases possibly since Fall Be Kind
>>
8.5 BNM IMO, no memes
>>
>>63889421
Ugh this is a horrible opinion. Jesus fucking christ. It's a good EP. It's not an ALBUM. I wish people would fucking stop calling it one.

Also, the only noteworthy songs are Golden Chords and Just Am. Not to mention Shadow Mine and Seed Song are both basically intermissions into the next songs (Footy and Good House respectively). Also, the Transverse Temporal Gyrus and Glasslands version of Good House are somehow better than this EP version. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but all these kids acting like it's the best AnCo release in the past 8 years are delusional as all hell.

>>63889117
This. He yells his vocals rather than singing with control and strains a hell of a lot.
>>
>>63890312
Except for on Golden Chord. Somehow he sounds so fucking beautiful there but the rest of the album just turns into Wide Eyed 2.0. I don't understand why if he can sing like he does on Golden Chords he resorts to that terrible vocal styling in Just Am and Footy. Good House he sounds a bit better in. I can't help but feel this entire thing is just half-baked.
>>
>>63890312
>ugh this is a horrible opinion
Ok and? Its my opinion. I stand by it.
>>
>>63890312
>the best AnCo release in the past 8 years

it literally is number two after MPP

what else holds that slot lmao
>>
>>63890450
wait FBK i memed on myself. it's number three tho
>>
>>63890450
So you're telling me releases like Strawberry Jam, Centipede Hz, Painting With, Campfire Songs, Sung Tongs, STGSTV, Prospect Hummer, Fall Be Kind, and soooo many fucking more don't compare to this EP? Holy shit you're dick riding Deakin so fucking hard it's embarrassing.

The man has potential to release a GREAT album, I will give him that but this EP as a whole is fairly mediocre from a musical standpoint. He's had better stuff on other releases and made better contributions to greater songs that the band recorded as a whole. Campfire Songs alone is enough to trump your statement.
>>
>>63890499
most of those albums are more than 8 years old though.
>>
>>63890499
You obviously have bad reading comprehension. Best AnCo related releases SINCE Fall Be Kind. No one is saying the best since STGSTV or Strawberry Jam.
>>
>>63890450
ODDSAC and New Psycho Actives are definitely better than either Sleep Cycle or MPP.
>>
it's just aping nick drake + added field recording loops

you waited 7 years for this
>>
>>63890667
hahahahahaha le contrarian face

get real
>>
>>63890450
Tomboy. That's it though.
>>
Nigga
>>
>>63889421
centipede hz is a top 3 anco album tho.
>>
>>63889016
It's a great album, Golden Chords and Footy are my favorites this far
>>
>>63890355
None of the vocals on this sound as bad as Wide Eyed.
>>
I'm about half way through track 4 (footy). Damn this album is actually good. Probably better than Painting With. And this track Footy is wild in a way that I thought only avey tare was capable of but apparently deak can bring it too.
>>
>>63891354
>he doesn't like Oddsac or New Psycho Actives

ultimate pleb. How can you not like Mr. Fingers, Kindle Song, Screens, Tantrum Barb, Working or What Happened? How can you not like anything from Spring Songs for Stretching or Tape Player Chants for Winter? Have you just not heard either?

Guys, I wanna give Deak the credit he deserves but lets be honest. It's not the greatest Animal Collective release in recent years. You're giving way too into the hype. A month from now you probably won't even be listening to it.

>>63892188
Are you kidding? Just Am and Footy he is straining the hell out of his voice and basically yelling the notes.
>>
>>63892645
I mean yeah but compared to Wide Eyed he sounds like an angel.
>>
>>63892693
Uhhhh. No, maybe on Golden Chords, but that's it.

Also god DAMN why is Spring Songs for Stretching so hauntingly memorable? It's like when I hear this again it's immediate nostalgia. Kind of like when you watch a TV show from your childhood that you don't remember much about but when you watch it suddenly you remember fucking EVERYTHING about it...

THIS part specifically.

https://youtu.be/SzzqPnhHpw4?t=5m30s

It's like I've HEARD this before. And I have, but like, not just from this. What the FUCK is it from? Why is it so hauntingly familiar? GOD DAMN YOU GEO.
>>
>>63892837
can someone post a link for the new psycho actives stuff? I can't download it from soundcloud, and I'm pretty sure I want it on my ipod so I can listen to it at work tomorrow
>>
>>63890604
I think you must've fucked up your original post then.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.