[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kill me please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 1458141652063.jpg (15 KB, 506x501) Image search: [Google]
1458141652063.jpg
15 KB, 506x501
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZApf9c8Tes&nohtml5=False
>>
>>63888497
ahahahahah holy shit.
>>
i can't stand asian music 95% of the time. it always feels so cringey (for lack of a better term), forced, fake, and generally disgusting. like, even those other hardcore j rock and experimental j noise rock bands are still fucking so fake and artificial. it never feels real or meaningful.
>>
I liked this more than I should have
>>
>>63888799
thats because you dont see them as humans
>>
This is way better than h3h3, you faggot
>>
>>63888868
>leafykids
>>
>>63888849
he's right though
dont get me wrong, i like otomo yoshihide and nujabes and a select few other asian musicians, but it feels like majority of the time music for them it's just a performance piece and not something genuine

kinda like our pop artists
>>
Metal Resistance is AOTY

Seeing them next month, can't wait.
>>
>>63888955
this. also dubs.

but, it's like, it has nothing to do with race. i feel the same thing when i listen to those 3rd wave post rock bands. it all feels artificial and...fake. it's hard to describe what feeling it even is. like, sure, i'll enjoy the music and give it a decent rating, but ive yet to encounter very much asian music that resonates with you directly, no matter what genre it is. pop, post rock, experimental, noise, hardcore, punk, etc.
it's not the language barrier either, because i resonate with instrumental music and other "foreign" bands as well. idk. i just have never been able to see them more than anything but pop artists, regardless of genre.
>>
>>63888948
>he supports those 2 fucking jews

they're so funny now ahahah right?
>>
>>63889083
yes
>>
>>63888799
It's the other way around. Ocidental culture is fake and artificial
>>
>>63888799
>>63888955
>>63889064
>I can't relate to the lyrics or the culture so it's fake garbage

:^)
>>
>>63889164
>kpg posters come to actually discuss music

go back to masturbating to flat faced asians :\\\\\\\\\
>>
File: dankmeme.png (46 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
dankmeme.png
46 KB, 240x240
>>63889064
this is my favourite post rock band and they happen to be japanese, maybe you like them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60penEUgX8&nohtml5=False
also this one is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4CKmzBf5Cs

and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrO9PTpuSSs
>>
>>63889281
Implying Asians aren't the second superior race behind whites
>>
>>63889323
>whites
>superior to asians
>>
>>63889352
In every way
>>
>>63888799
>>63888955
they have a very different culture for a lot of things. Japanese culture mostly revolves around work and money, and music/most art is run like a company where new ideas are opressed in favour of spamming trends that have the potential to make massive profits. look at their tv shows, they all have loads of shit going on to grab your attention, so you dont change the channel.

Their music scene devolves in basically the same way, and few original ideas make in in the door because the formula they've been using for years is making them money, and therefore doing fine.

Comedians over there are pretty interesting, as the system to become one works like WWE's system. People who wish to be comics are given VERY strict guidelines on what they can and cant say, and go to a school to learn about who they WILL become, not who they want to become. and nobody can go against the grain, because everything related to comedy over there is owned/partnered with this gigantic comedian corporation.

TLDR;

Japanese and most Asian countries are so obsessed with financial success that they are willing to destroy all forms of art and their own souls to achieve it.
>>
>>63888799
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOYMGnZnevQ

this is easily one of my favorite albums, i saw these guys live about a year back, all japanese but some of the best artistry i've ever heard
>>
>>63889454
im >>63888955 and find that interesting because while i cannot stand most asian music for how stale it feels, i always get a kick out of whatever stupid and random but really interesting technology they pull out their ass and i figured they were more willing to experiment
>>
>>63888497
pretty good desu
>>
File: 8c1.jpg (7 KB, 200x263) Image search: [Google]
8c1.jpg
7 KB, 200x263
>>63888849
>he sees chinks as human
>>
>>63889535
you would think, but look at the big (for example) Asian car makers. im just gonna use honda and lexus as examples.

Honda is a company that got to where they are by good business. they cut costs where people we willing to compromise, and imitated the looks of loads of cars. the result is a company that will never be the first to innovate something because it poses a potential risk to profits.

Lexus is somewhat similar, because they never are the first to innovate, they merely improve on what other people have done. sure they make neat cars, but they never look unique, or have some crazy fucking technology thats super cool, the only innovations they make are shit like putting more carbon nanotubes into the steel compound to make it lighter.

Look at their video game industry. Consoles IS the market, dwarfing everything else. Why? because its by far the most effective way to make money. Same goes for CCGs (Yugioh rares are so stupidly powerful that you basically need every single one to even try and compete, not to mention pokemon basically being a slightly modified version of MTG)

Im telling you man, theyve become so afraid of innovation that real art has almost become feared.
>>
>>63888799
You mean the opposite? Japanese heavy psych and noise rock feels a lot more legit than Western stuff.
>>
>>63889742
Yow the edge
>>
File: Furuido No Sekai.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Furuido No Sekai.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>63888799
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trEEpwI__Oo
>>
I saw it live and it was great.
>>
>>63889792
wew very interesting read m8, why do you know so much about it? Do you feel like reccing some genuine japanese artists?

>>63889801
This. Nisennenmondai is 10/10 and that's just an example
>>
>>63889842
63888799 here, and i thought that was the shit man. thanks for the share. i'll check more out. rec any albums by the artist?
>>
>>63889454
What an absolute bullshit. Have you even watched a single Kurosawa film?
>>
Some pretty sweet riffs desu
>>
>>63889454
I'm no weeb, but Japanese (underground) music is full of originality, you seem to be equating salaryman culture to modern Japanese art, which is full fucking retard.
>>
>>63889929
akira kurosawa is my absolute favourite director, but he lived in a time well before this culture was so rampant. As much as i love everything he does, I dont think he would be as famed in Japan if he were making movies today.
>>63889963
I agree with you about their underground scene, but the point im trying to get across is that their underground scene is just that. Underground. For example, N.W.A. used gangster rap, something that was previously a niche genre, and made it into something insanely popular, shifting the direction of american pop music pretty radically. I just dont see that sort of thing happening in Japan.
>>
>>63889454
>Comedians over there are pretty interesting, as the system to become one works like WWE's system. People who wish to be comics are given VERY strict guidelines on what they can and cant say, and go to a school to learn about who they WILL become, not who they want to become. and nobody can go against the grain, because everything related to comedy over there is owned/partnered with this gigantic comedian corporation.
That's actually sounds fucking horrifying and makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>63889454
listen to anything i posted in my earlier reply >>63889282
what you do is you listen to the japanese equivalent of nickelback and britney spears and try to make a point that it's only about the money. of course a lot of popular music is about turning as much profit as possible and not art, but just as we have a lot of good artists, some of which are popular, some of which are less popular, they do too.
here is another very nice example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feShpPLivK0
>>
>>63889900
I just really like politics and culture, so i read a shitton about crap like this. I dont listen to a lot of Japanese stuff, because I dont have the patience to sift through all the garbage to find those diamonds in the rough, especially if i have to type out shit phonetically.
>>
I thought it was cute.
>>
>>63889792
so your argument is "they dont innovate! oh we don't either btw"!? just look at our charts, full of music made for the sole purpose of making money. that doesn't mean that ppl like sufjan stevens, johanna newsome and countless other original and creative artists don't exist.
look at >>63889282
>>63889508
>>63890519
and tell me with a straight face all of them are just out there to make money and nothing else.
>>
>>63889801
true
>>
>>63890519
I really like this, thanks for the link.
I agree with you, their popular music scene is garbage, but heres the thing, japanese culture is much more apperance based than our own. They have one of (if not the highest) populations of architects in the world. This is because if one gets married, It is social convention to build a new house for family to live in, so they need a shitload of architects. To just move into an existing house is improper. They build a new house to show off their money, and because it is simply the social convention. They dont actually give a shit if they have the money to do it, they do it anyway. Thats the reason they have one of the highest personal debts per person in the world. Where im going with this is people would be far more reluctant to listen to something underground because it is looked upon unfavourably in the public eye. Over here, if you are part of the counterculture, you share some things with those who are part of the norm, in Japan, the counterculture is alot more like the mafia, once you're in, you're in. Theres no getting out.

>>63890715 once again, lemme say this clearly. OF COURSE there are underground artists who are phenomenal, and some people listen to them. I AM saying that their culture and systems actively discourage innovation, as well as the people who listen to their music is significantly less than the people who would listen to that same genre if they were from the states.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.